mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #61 (permalink)
Post Whore

Haha that's a great story. As for the sponsored thing. I hate it when people throw that around. It's so easy to get a sponsorship. It's ridiculous. Could be anything from discounted paint at a local field cause your team helps organize or build stuff. Could be some mfg sponsor who gives you a discount on merchandise if your whole team buys some players pack where it includes a vest I won't use or a gun I won't use and a mask I already have. I've been on a few scenario teams with crap like that who cares. Until you make a living playing paintball and no one does than I'm not impressed
Keebler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
I've porked many

There have always been some of those ( fill in those, with whatever group you are currently complaining about) people, even back in the bad old days, and there have always been others who complain about them. Just go play and have fun. A big game or scenario is usually large enough and diverse enough for everyone to do their own thing. It is just paintball don't take it so seriously.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #63 (permalink)
Discovr of the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
When I got back into the game I was considering clothing, and at one point was going to go with multicam. I nixed that idea when I discovered how heavy bdu's are, and how seriously some guys take the milsim stuff now. I've never had a problem with these guys personally, but I find the rigging humorous. I've always liked the vague incidental firearm look of Tippmann, but good grief, all you see in the picture thread now are 98s/A-5s/X7s crammed inside 5 pound milsim shrouds with another 5 pounds in accessories. Hey, whatever you like, whatever makes you happy, who am I to judge? I mean that sincerely.

Personally, I prefer my gear to be designed to play paintball, not to look more military.

I've never had an order barked at me, but I don't anticipate a positive response if anyone tries.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #64 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I've never had an order barked at me, but I don't anticipate a positive response if anyone tries.
My son and I had been holding the right side of a container village for about 20 minutes against more than six players on the left, right and center of the lane next to some heavy brush. I had a window and contained the lane while my son was picking them out of the brush and near left bunker. As we shot one out, they were filling in.

Our general walks up from the base with about 15 squadies and says "we're attacking this side! Let's go! Now!" We're trying to point out where the opposition was, but got ignored. They ran straight down that lane, blocking our shots as well. I think they got two of the opposition. They probably could have attacked from the brush and cleaned them all, but it was a good show.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #65 (permalink)
Barned

I guess somepeople enjoy going through attatching non-marker specific parts to a marker and making it look nice, as how we like rebuilding older markers, and a getting all the parts for em, ect.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just so long as you don't go pew pew pew as you shoot it
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #67 (permalink)
Discovr of the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
I guess somepeople enjoy going through attatching non-marker specific parts to a marker and making it look nice, as how we like rebuilding older markers, and a getting all the parts for em, ect.
Oh, absolutely. I've only had positive experiences with milsimmers, I just don't get their equipment choices. But who's to say a 10 lb high ROF gun is an inferior choice vs. 10 balls and no weight in a Phantom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Just so long as you don't go pew pew pew as you shoot it
That is the ONLY acceptable way to play mil sim.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
Post Whore

Lmao that's funny
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #69 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
For sure, and more power to them. As long as I can see a well worn A-5 underneath, I'll even play along. Lots of shiny new equipment of any flavor makes me "keep my interval".

Return with a report OP-RC!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #70 (permalink)
Post Whore

It goes in any direction. Some people are just a little to speedball for me. Some people are just a little too D&D larper and some people are just a little too milsim. It's all good though. It's just a game and even though I probably won't hang out with that guy ill still play with him and not give him any grief. Maybe I'll even make a game of it .

*I bet he wears a helmet to protect the plate in his head
*I bet he wears a tac vest because it doubles as a girdle

See it can be a fun little guessing game

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone