mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #71 (permalink)
Praise the sun!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
When I think of my past experiences with hardcore scenario dudes, one moment in time always stands out.

A couple years back when I was getting into paintball, a group of friends and I decided to sign up for one of the Scenario Club games at our local field. The rules for the game were vague and it consisted of two infinite respawn points (I think it was a king of the hill game).

Anyways, there was a point in time where a group of rather plump scenario fellows decided to sit across the pond and spray paint at our respawn area. My friends and I thought it would be interesting to see how much paint they wanted to use on us while we infinitely spawned in the same spot we were standing. It went on for a good 5 minutes before they slowed down their firing, and during a moment of silence I shouted across the pond,

"Why don't we just talk this out over a cup of tea?!"

and to my surprise one of the (un)gentlemen retorted,

"Why don't you suck my until I down your !?"

Needless to say I never signed up for Scenario Club again.

Have a nice day!
CCM'd KAPP Water Splash Sniper FS/T
My YouTube Channel
My Feedback
+10
/ 0 / -0
Spach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spach View Post
When I think of my past experiences with hardcore scenario dudes, one moment in time always stands out.

A couple years back when I was getting into paintball, a group of friends and I decided to sign up for one of the Scenario Club games at our local field. The rules for the game were vague and it consisted of two infinite respawn points (I think it was a king of the hill game).

Anyways, there was a point in time where a group of rather plump scenario fellows decided to sit across the pond and spray paint at our respawn area. My friends and I thought it would be interesting to see how much paint they wanted to use on us while we infinitely spawned in the same spot we were standing. It went on for a good 5 minutes before they slowed down their firing, and during a moment of silence I shouted across the pond,

"Why don't we just talk this out over a cup of tea?!"

and to my surprise one of the (un)gentlemen retorted,

"Why don't you suck my until I down your !?"

Needless to say I never signed up for Scenario Club again.
he thought he was playing call of duty
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #73 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
he thought he was playing call of duty
True that. I muted the player chat on day one.
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #74 (permalink)
MCB Member

The tacticool people are a disaster. They're just as bad as the dreaded "Speedball player" in terms of rate of fire, they light up little kids and rentals, and they shout in a pseudo-military voice derived from video games and movies. I think they actually believe they're good at paintball, which is the most comical part of it.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #75 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Oh, absolutely. I've only had positive experiences with milsimmers, I just don't get their equipment choices. But who's to say a 10 lb high ROF gun is an inferior choice vs. 10 balls and no weight in a Phantom?

That is the ONLY acceptable way to play mil sim.
What about my 10lb Phantom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSGSplatmaster View Post
The tacticool people are a disaster. They're just as bad as the dreaded "Speedball player" in terms of rate of fire, they light up little kids and rentals, and they shout in a pseudo-military voice derived from video games and movies. I think they actually believe they're good at paintball, which is the most comical part of it.

The main problem I see is in the labels. The types of douches being talked about in this thread aren't the one size fits all variety. Case in point, many people would probably call me "tacticool" because I wear a vest with 60rd pods (mag pouches) in the front. For me, it has nothing to do with looking or being cool, and actually it causes me to over heat often to the point that I ditch it half way through the day and just play hopper ball.

It has nothing to do with coolness and everything to do with being unable to use a podpack due to disability. I also like camo and I've more or less worn it for the majority of the 17 years I've been playing.

I think people get too caught up on the labels and trying to fit themselves and everyone else into a niche. That time would be better spent playing and trying to be ambassadors showing people the right way to act on the field.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
Eclipse Sponsored Forever

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I can tell you that it can surely get worse.

Local to me, there exists a semi-small faction of "hardcore" (laughable) milsimers who will flat out refuse to play paintball with anyone who doesn't come out dressed in full combat uniform. Some of them could easily get shipped out to the mid east if not for their obesity and overall daftness. They ended up creating some field of their own where they now basically stay in isolation for the very design of their preferred playstyle. You can't play there unless you're rocking a completely kitted out Tippy with a Tac cap (yet still playing in full auto), full combat uniform - even with ranks! Annnnnd you can talk all the military lingo. Oh boy were they fun before they had their own field. Watching them try and rule lawyer, and armchair general the games sure was interesting.

B/S/T Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
HeroForADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #77 (permalink)
Bacon? Oh God yes!

Fan of EMR
I apologize if those peoples' actions deter you from going to scenarios. They really are fun in spite of the egos and trash-talking that tend to crop up.
Those egos are why I quit all teams (except for Carter's Commandos) and started a club with my buddies. We have a tent with tables at scenarios. We have a team banner that we hang up. I would NEVER intentionally talk down to someone who came to talk to me. We wouldn't tolerate that from any of our members either. New members make this sport grow and we are very aware of that.

I give my markers names.

WTB 8ci tank

New MCB Feedback

Old MCB Feedback
Kermitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #78 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sucks that these guys seem to draw the new players to them like crazy. I get the whole it looks like a machine gun so it's cool part. But the newbies also believe everything they are told because they don't know better. I've watched one of the local "marines", yes fully kitted out as a us marine in Canada. Patches, rank and all. Praise his first strkie rifle like it was the gun to end all others. And you could not snipe with anything else. Within five minutes you hear the new players talking about getting one.

One the other side of the coin. I played walkon a few times with a bunch of guys with milsigs and tac gear. They were completely normal.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroForADay View Post
I can tell you that it can surely get worse.

Local to me, there exists a semi-small faction of "hardcore" (laughable) milsimers who will flat out refuse to play paintball with anyone who doesn't come out dressed in full combat uniform. Some of them could easily get shipped out to the mid east if not for their obesity and overall daftness. They ended up creating some field of their own where they now basically stay in isolation for the very design of their preferred playstyle. You can't play there unless you're rocking a completely kitted out Tippy with a Tac cap (yet still playing in full auto), full combat uniform - even with ranks! Annnnnd you can talk all the military lingo. Oh boy were they fun before they had their own field. Watching them try and rule lawyer, and armchair general the games sure was interesting.
Isn't this ideal though. There is enough space, paint, and markers for everyone. If people want to play an exclusive style and do so who cares? Isn't better than them going to a "normal" field and demanding others conform to them?
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #80 (permalink)
Eclipse Sponsored Forever

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
That's exactly what they used to do, and Ivan tell you that the entire local community had a good laugh. They used to flat out refuse to take the field with any "speedballer", which by their definition was ANYONE not dressed completely like them.

Weren't wearing BDUs? But had a "speedball" jersey? Nope
Shooting anything that ruined "immersion"? - nope (this was basically anything not rap4, milsig or tippmann).

So now they have their own little field, and while it made it easier for us to deal with. They still won't come out to any field that isn't there's, and you're not allowed out on theirs unless you dress like them. It's a ****ing joke. In reality, they don't even play paintball, they drill... But it's military drills. It's very strange.

I said good riddance. Lol

B/S/T Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
HeroForADay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone