mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Barned

The etek4 is much better than the etek3. Lighter, quieter, new ASA, I have one and love it. The axe is a great shooter but has funky ergonomics, so try one out first. THe proto reflex rail is also in that price range. you could definitly pick up an older high end like an Ego 8 for the same price.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Open class phantom?
Ive owned two VSC phantoms in my day and currently have a ccm'd karni build as my go-to pump haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
For under $700, you could easily pick up a good condition Ego11. However, if you have to get new, then the Etek and Axe would both be great choices. Personally, I would go with Planet Eclipse as I am a professed fan boy of them. However, your best bet is to just go to the field and ask people to shoot the markers you are interested in.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that while the Shocker won't see support from SP/GoG anymore, there are still a lot of die hard Shocker owners out there. The Shocker forum on PBN is full of knowledgable, and friendly people. I recently picked up a Shocker as a back up for my Ego8 and got on there... Some of the best help I've received ever. I've even had people offer to send me gun parts such as frames, triggers, etc... So that I can try them out before I buy. Pretty cool.

My biggest problem so far is that I'm finding myself already upgrading the marker the marker after having not played with it at all. While it did come with an HE engine, I just couldn't resist ordering the legendary Eigenbolt.

P.S. The NXT is not a closed bolt marker.
awesome! thanks for all the input (as well as everyone else). I think im leaning towards the etek4 now, but im going to go and actually get my hands on one before i buy. As well as try out some of the others ones if i can find em kicking around. I still might grab an nxt for a backup like you did, i loved the simplicity of it and mine always worked flawlessly in a jam.

Side note: what about hoppers now? when i was in high school the vlocity was all the range where im from and it seems like its totally fallen off the planet! I knew about the rotor, which seems to be the new be-all end-all in terms of choice. I see the halo seems to have resurfaced too. Anyone care to weigh in on hopper choice?

Last edited by TheJoelteon; 01-31-2013 at 11:10 PM.
TheJoelteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoelteon View Post
Ive owned two VSC phantoms in my day and currently have a ccm'd karni build as my go-to pump haha

awesome! thanks for all the input (as well as everyone else). I think im leaning towards the etek4 now, but im going to go and actually get my hands on one before i buy. As well as try out some of the others ones if i can find em kicking around. I still might grab an nxt for a backup like you did, i loved the simplicity of it and mine always worked flawlessly in a jam.

Side note: what about hoppers now? when i was in high school the vlocity was all the range where im from and it seems like its totally fallen off the planet! I knew about the rotor, which seems to be the new be-all end-all in terms of choice. I see the halo seems to have resurfaced too. Anyone care to weigh in on hopper choice?
For what my two cents is worth...

I semi-recently upgraded loaders. I'd been a HALO B for 5-6 years, and it was really on its last leg... When I was looking around, the spire was nearly impossible to find used, so I was stuck looking at the Z2 and Rotor. I ended up going with the Rotor for plenty of reasons, but ease of use was the biggest. On the Rotor, there is one (1) button: Power. That's it. That's all you need you to do to have an excellent loader, press one button. While you can adjust the tension/etc on the Rotor, it's not something I'm going to worry about. Why? Because almost anything you get from the factory is going to be set up to work best in any condition. Versatility and simplicity baby... That's what it's all about! I've used both loaders as well and just liked the Rotor profile better. The Z2 isn't a bad loader, but the Rotor just felt right for me. Unfortunately, I cannot weigh in at all on the Spire as I have never used one.

P.S.: Love your username. One is never too old for Pokémon.
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

A gun that is cheap and reliable is the Bob Long Vice. You can picked one up used for about $400, and some have the lpr tester with it (a must have if you own a newer Bob Long). The Axe is an excellent gun. Yeah it feels kinda funny at first but after you have played with it, you don't notice it. Anything Planet Eclipse is amazing. They have some of the best customer service in the market, right behind Bob Long

Loaders: the Rotor, Spire and Z2 are the best on the market. I rock the Spire and love it! You can still find the vlocity and fairly cheap too. They are still and excellent loader. A Halo is also a great loader. It has been around for so long because it has been proven. It just works.

MCB Feedback
Squall409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Ego11's and gear can be had for the 600 range now. Ego10's and 9's for even cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Kind of the same boat. I played pump forever then got a used Bob long infamous off Craigslist and was really good impressed. Ended up picking up a victory for cheap off of eBay. Can't wait to use it. I used to hate Bob long guns but have been converted.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

dangerous powers fx and a spire or rotor. i have used the fx, its nice, light and shoots great. i used with rotor, but the person who owns it uses a spire and loves it.
Timicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Barned

The spire, rotor, and Z2 are all great guns. While some might hate on me for this, I like the Rotor best because I've used one button and you're off. I tried a spire the other day, and while it has 'low profile' this causes it to be a bit wider on your marker. The Z2 is a little less durable but the lightest of the bunch if I'm correct.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Dont leave out pinokio, you can pick them up for fairly cheap compared to the other ones listed. One button, huge capacity with the option to add even more, great battery life. I love mine. I also really liked the rotor I had. Id pick up a spire but they are still pretty pricey used.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'd pick up a used Axe for around $300.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote: