mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I completely agree with this. The first field I played at looked great, and had great facilities; but the staff didn't seem to care at all. My current field has great staff, and good facilities; but the lack of indoor plumbing was initially a turnoff.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm not referring to running water, an outhouse would be fine if it was clean. If fields want to charge a lot for a membership then I think that should reflect the conditions. Charge a little = expect a little. That's all I'm trying to say.
Feedback
Slappadapink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Weekend Warrior

RTP Fan
Yeah the entry is a bit steep but seem like they actually spend money on their field though.

I think these guys are from the UK and they seem to run a decent field.

Delta Force | Paintball

WTB:
- Taso rat attack bucket changer with original steel pierce pin!
- duckslide 1 piece feed
llaw999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaw999 View Post
Yeah the entry is a bit steep but seem like they actually spend money on their field though.

I think these guys are from the UK and they seem to run a decent field.

Delta Force | Paintball
DUDE I am sooo stoked...about that new field. Man, I am even now talking like a 20 year old, I soo excited. What a win for us! That is if its true as it looks!
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
That price is nasty. I'd just as well play with first strikes at this price.

Wouldn't washrooms cost you between $15k to $60? Well, septic, concrete, and structure, not to mention building permits and continual upkeep. Most small local fields operate as a second income, not their primary, and don't make that much annually.

Aren't there only 4 P's of marketing: product, price, promotion, place(distribution)? Where does this "people" come from? Must be a Canada thing?
Yes, I know, its expensive. Its all depends on where you are etc. Though there are some lower cost "tricks" to help make the transistion.

4 p's 6 p's there are different theories, but it all boils down to the same idea. I will take a quick look on the internet to see what info I can find ... maybe my theory is a bit out of date...its been 20 years!

Oh, here ya go. Phew, I was worried I would have to back to college to get up to date...NO!!!

Marketing 6Ps Overview
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Shared with the local field owner and team. Thanks.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Weekend Warrior

RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
That price is nasty. I'd just as well play with first strikes at this price.
That's average paint price here in Vancouver. That gets you some of the worst paint you'll ever see too.

WTB:
- Taso rat attack bucket changer with original steel pierce pin!
- duckslide 1 piece feed
llaw999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaw999 View Post
Local fields might have to step up their game with these guys moving into the block.

Home | Delta Force Paintball CanadaDelta Force Paintball Canada
It'll be interesting to see what that's about. There's a reason the former field owner left the site with his successful business. I can't imagine the new field owner is doing too much with the property since I don't think he's gong to be able to be there for very long. But apparently they are getting everyone excited with pictures of fields in New Zealand and such. The mother company (International Paintball Group _ IPG) doesn't have a very good reputation around the world with some of their shady business practices. I assume they needed a place to direct customers to with their real business which is selling paintball passes in malls and such, so they took whatever land they could get. I don't think any of the other companies were willing to work with them in Vancouver due to their past shady practices. It's all going to be very interesting, from a business point of view.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
It'll be interesting to see what that's about. There's a reason the former field owner left the site with his successful business. I can't imagine the new field owner is doing too much with the property since I don't think he's gong to be able to be there for very long. But apparently they are getting everyone excited with pictures of fields in New Zealand and such. The mother company (International Paintball Group _ IPG) doesn't have a very good reputation around the world with some of their shady business practices. I assume they needed a place to direct customers to with their real business which is selling paintball passes in malls and such, so they took whatever land they could get. I don't think any of the other companies were willing to work with them in Vancouver due to their past shady practices. It's all going to be very interesting, from a business point of view.
I know we have gone off topic, but interesting...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Future Robocop

Great video. I will eventually open my own field, and when I do, I'm going to make sure to remember this video.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone