mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Man I feel for you Canadians. That really blows.

Paint around me is about $80 a case for Marbs at one field, I think $85 at another field for something else about equal quality. The closest field that's had running water to me is an hour and a half away, but their paint is absolutely terrible.

The field I went to last year charges $100 per year for membership..includes free air/Co2, 10% off paint, and entry. The fields are fairly decent, paint has its good and bad days...staff..well as a regular I know who to avoid.

Looking around nowadays, I'm glad I'm making the transition into less investment in this sport. I have 1 gun for myself and 1 for my girlfriend, and that's it. It seems as a whole, the whole paintballing experience has started to slip with the economy the way it is and all that. I wish I could find somewhere to play outlaw.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
The field I went to last year charges $100 per year for membership..includes free air/Co2, 10% off paint, and entry. The fields are fairly decent, paint has its good and bad days...staff..well as a regular I know who to avoid.
Is that free entry or 10% off entry?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Free entry, 10% off paint, free all day air/Co2
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just scanning this to read later and saw IPG.
I just have to say
**** those scam artists.

Now back to your regularly sceduled thread

Last edited by moonweasel; 01-29-2013 at 06:32 PM.
moonweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

As impossible as I know it is this is my dream field

Indoor
Open Sunday-saturday
Pro shop on site
Showers an clothes room

Essentially I want to be able to treat it like a gym and hit it on the way home from work change out of work clothes play for a few hours shower and Change head home.

Last edited by Keebler; 01-29-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Addict.

CCM Fan
If I could have the perfect field.. it would have these features:

What do you like to see at a Paintball Field
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
The cool thing about Buddhist monks is when they light themselves on fire in Martyrdom, they don't hang around for 7 years to tell you they are burning.
Feedback Please!
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

It seems to me that fields back in the 90's were better run. I'm talking about the same field that is still running today. They had better upkeep, better staff, actually manned the chrono station, the owner was there to help people, give a tour, etc. Those places have dilapitated. I don't mind porta-toilets, as long as I have running water to drink/wash mask, and I don't mind having a shack where I pay my money. I don't want soupy mud on indoor fields or poor refs that don't do anything.

However, I would rather go to a crappier place for less money than a shiny new place and have to pay $150+ for paint. You guys must make more on average, but for the same price I can charter a boat and go deep sea fishing for the day, or jump out of an airplane at 13,000 feet, or scuba several days.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
It seems to me that fields back in the 90's were better run. I'm talking about the same field that is still running today. They had better upkeep, better staff, actually manned the chrono station, the owner was there to help people, give a tour, etc. Those places have dilapitated. I don't mind porta-toilets, as long as I have running water to drink/wash mask, and I don't mind having a shack where I pay my money. I don't want soupy mud on indoor fields or poor refs that don't do anything.

However, I would rather go to a crappier place for less money than a shiny new place and have to pay $150+ for paint. You guys must make more on average, but for the same price I can charter a boat and go deep sea fishing for the day, or jump out of an airplane at 13,000 feet, or scuba several days.
I could golf every day of the week on entry and a case of paint. Granted, I haven't shot a case in a day in quite a while, but I could even with my eNMEy and my 65 ball loader if I felt like it.

Bringing up comparable experiences is valid. You want to price yourself into a market is risky because people start prioritizing. If you want to have expensive paint to set the mentality of shooting less, don't price per case, price per bag. I know that you can get that breakdown, but the benchmark people always ask about is what does it cost to get on the field and what's a case run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellicose View Post
We sell paint at $160 case but I can't remember the last time we sold $160 worth of paint to one individual (unless he/she was buying for multiple players). So to compare a day of paintball at $150 for paint plus entry to other activities isn't fair. I can guarantee you that the fields mentioned in the Op's video selling paint at $170/case are also not selling $170 in paint to individual players. I can also tell you that paintball in Vancouver (where just about all the fields charge similar amounts) is doing very well. There is not a shortage of players.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

I really like the video, it will work well with pro shops as well.
How ever in an ideal situation all that would work. But in most it will not.

Our local field which is owned by the same company I work for has to do things different.

I read some where that out houses are preferred over the porta-potty kind. Here is why my field does not do it that way. The out house kind will fill up and it always smells no matter what you do it it. We put more chemicals in there than I wanted. So the porta-potty kind work better for us because they come and clean it and empty it every week. They also refill and clean the hand wash station every week. Pluse we have baby wipes all over the place for customers to us. I have been to some fields which do not clean their porta-potty's which is the fault of the field.
Our field is on Native land so we are very limited to what we can do to it. We have no power to the field but use generators for lights and Visa Machines. Yes we use cargo containers for buildings to help secure our stuff, but they are not run down. We have 1 ref per group of people playing that takes them around to the different fields. We like to use younger kids 16 - 18 because they are up beat and usually don't go out partying the night before they have to work. Our paint prices reflect on different coupons, and membership. They run from at little as $50.00 a case to $70.00 a case. We are a Canadian company and field and are the busiest field in our area. To me there is NO reason to let your field get rundown. To me that is just being lazy. If you want the business you are going to have to work for it plan and simple. I run our pro shop the same way treat your customers right and they will treat your business right.

That is my 2 cents worth on this subject.

Last edited by Rage 01; 01-30-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Rage 01 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone