mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   HOW! much do you want me to pay! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/224816-how-much-do-you-want-me-pay.html)

gmore70 01-29-2013 03:27 PM

HOW! much do you want me to pay!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0GKlrDZs8

Horizon 01-29-2013 04:03 PM

As a field owner I'm going to say...good stuff!

gmore70 01-29-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 2607970)
As a field owner I'm gong to say...good stuff!

phew! I honestly was a bit worried that I sounded a bit high and mighty. Thanks for letting me know!

idkfa 01-29-2013 04:35 PM

Great video.

The few fields in Vancouver I have played at have no business charging what they do. The paint is garbage, the facilities are non-existent, they rarely have a working chrono, and the gear-up areas are a mess. I have no problem paying a premium for a good experience, but $170/case for sub-par service and bad paint is unacceptable.

300z 01-29-2013 05:04 PM

I liked it and think the message was delivered well.

I think the strongest point you made is the (extreme) example of a renter getting a headshot with good paint and clean equipment. I really think this was spot on.

The problem with paintball fields in my experience is that they often go out of business quickly and are focussed on maximizing short term profit at the expense of long term profit. Things like running water, business level facilities and qualified staff mean reducing short term profits.

Slappadapink 01-29-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300z (Post 2608030)
I liked it and think the message was delivered well.

I think the strongest point you made is the (extreme) example of a renter getting a headshot with good paint and clean equipment. I really think this was spot on.

The problem with paintball fields in my experience is that they often go out of business quickly and are focussed on maximizing short term profit at the expense of long term profit. Things like running water, business level facilities and qualified staff mean reducing short term profits.

I'm going to second this and reiterate a point.

Playing outlaw with some friends, it's okay if it's down and dirty. Paying a field fee and being forced to use substandard conditions can be a little frustrating. It also makes it harder to introduce people to the sport:

"hey I need to use the washroom"
"it's that bush over there..."

The small things can really make or break the experience. Thankfully we have some great fields around here.

llaw999 01-29-2013 05:26 PM

Local fields might have to step up their game with these guys moving into the block.

Home | Delta Force Paintball CanadaDelta Force Paintball Canada



Quote:

Originally Posted by idkfa (Post 2608008)
Great video.

The few fields in Vancouver I have played at have no business charging what they do. The paint is garbage, the facilities are non-existent, they rarely have a working chrono, and the gear-up areas are a mess. I have no problem paying a premium for a good experience, but $170/case for sub-par service and bad paint is unacceptable.


desertT1 01-29-2013 05:27 PM

The only thing I know about Vancouver's costs is that paint is expensive and houses are too. It would sticker shock those local to me for sure. Aside from that, it's very valid.

I have two fields in reasonable driving distance (10 minutes and 45 minutes) and I like the closer one better. The other one has more variety in fields, but last time I went their the staff was poor and didn't split up the team players who decided to insert themselves into a rec game. They also only have 2 porta potties and obviously no running water. The close field has good refs and a brick building with an actual bathroom. I've heard the other field has improved with the new ownership, but it's not worth it when I have a preferred option so much closer.

bellicose 01-29-2013 05:38 PM

That price is nasty. I'd just as well play with first strikes at this price.

Wouldn't washrooms cost you between $15k to $60? Well, septic, concrete, and structure, not to mention building permits and continual upkeep. Most small local fields operate as a second income, not their primary, and don't make that much annually.

Aren't there only 4 P's of marketing: product, price, promotion, place(distribution)? Where does this "people" come from? Must be a Canada thing?

idkfa 01-29-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llaw999 (Post 2608048)
Local fields might have to step up their game with these guys moving into the block.

Home | Delta Force Paintball CanadaDelta Force Paintball Canada

Eh... $25 for gun-owner entry with fills and $160/case for paint (or $10/100). And an hour and a half round trip. I have never been to the field they are taking over, but for that price they better have some good facilities and employees.

I need to move. :bang:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC