mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Am I out? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/225102-am-i-out.html)

Duybuin 02-01-2013 05:14 PM

Am I out?

I was thinking about woodsball today and this question came up. Let's say your on the field with a primary marker and a sidearm. Your waiting in a position and someone starts to light your area up and you have a general idea where they are but not entirely sure.

You leave your primary behind in such a way so it appears you havnt moved. The attacker shoots your unattended primary while you sneak up behind him and tag him. Is that a legit elmination for you or are you out since gun hits count?

mcgral18 02-01-2013 05:16 PM

If you arn't holding it, I would have to say no.

skullcandy1993 02-01-2013 05:20 PM

Depends what kind of game you are playing...

Scenario style woodsball, I would say no, you aren't out, thats tactics and its your opponents fault for believing that you hadn't moved. If he (or she) thought you were out they should have sent a ref to check for them.

Walk-on/Pick-up style woodsball, I would say yes, you are out. I find that these styles of games are more for a fast paced style of play and don't really have room for tricks like that.

I think its your choice if you think its a clean elim or not, but I know that unless I was playing with guys that I've known for years I wouldn't even think about putting any of my guns down and leaving them behind.

nofxkid2005 02-01-2013 05:32 PM

Ah... Technically you can't leave behind equipment, unless it's a pod. If you don't play that rule, as soon as you pick up your "lit up" marker, you'd be out.

If I were reffing you, I'd call you out as soon as you were either:
a) 10ft away from your primary.
b) Your primary was shot.

idkfa 02-01-2013 05:36 PM

^Yup. Spot on.

super_stanchy 02-01-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 (Post 2611455)
Ah... Technically you can't leave behind equipment, unless it's a pod. If you don't play that rule, as soon as you pick up your "lit up" marker, you'd be out.

If I were reffing you, I'd call you out as soon as you were either:
a) 10ft away from your primary.
b) Your primary was shot.

thats what i was thinkin....

one of the fields i play at every now and then has a rule...
if your primary gun gets shot, you can yell switching to secondary and continue to play, gives ya a 2nd life essentially but your gun is then dead and you have to use the 2nd one your carrying

i dont think there is a rule on carrying it after its shot/disabled, but i would assume A) from above would come into effect

Spider! 02-01-2013 05:48 PM

Our general field rules are eliminations by any equipment hit, regardless of you not holding it, except for pods on the ground. Anything you leave other than a pod is an extension and subject to elimination. You can give something to another player and not worry about their elimination, but if you leave it, it is still a target.

You are welcome to donate props to the field though. If you are not going to recover a mask or such and leave it in a window, that's usually acceptable.

swantrevor 02-01-2013 05:49 PM

Have returned to the game after 21 + Years and having played back then with both KP2 and carrying a Splatmaster I occasionally would walk away from the KP2 and hunt with my Splatmaster.

While playing current woodsball capture the flag games I have directed kids to put down their marker to grab and run with the flag (sometimes carrying a flag on a 5' broom handle and a marker is too much for some kids to run with).

I think Duybuin is clever. I think the guy who shoots his marker shouldn't have taken the shot unless he saw him holding it. If your holding your marker and its hit, then yes the marker is an extension of you and you are out. If your not holding it, its out of play.

If the ref didn't give Duybuin the credit then he's nuts. Imagine getting tagged when you think your alone. The stealth that it requires. I think its great.

That's just my opinion.

Hawkeye20 02-01-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgral18 (Post 2611437)
If you arn't holding it, I would have to say no.

I agree. At that point you would have to make it legal for a hit on a discarded empty pod count as an elimination.

grimace 02-01-2013 06:04 PM

I'm going to say, it all depends on the rules of the field.