mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

You could also get a tacyon hd. Its small hd and has a good protective code.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

The one that I have is the Tachyon...
Comes with everything you need except the micro sd card. Works great and the price is 135.00 I know a little bit more than you want to pay. But like someone said you get what you pay. I like to only by things once.

Here is a video I took with the camera on the side of a pair of events.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
The $50 and $60 ones are ones that are going to stick out like a GoPro.
Assuming I don't mount them vertical (The way the lens is set) The thing is, the GoPro is wider than it is taller, the $50 Polaroid is taller than it is wider, it looks to have near the same front profile as a contour.

Quote:
Hence why I said that it seems like a cheaper alternative to just that. It's the $100 and $160 ones are going to be the ones that will mount more like a Contour. Look at the Demo video from the site to purchase them, they have people that are using the $160 model on their heads, their surfboards, and such. The cheap $50 model is used in a chest harness, which you get to see at about the 2:00 mark, where the guy in the kayak has the $160 model mounted to the top of his helmet, the $100 model on the side of the helmet, and the $50, I think, on a chest strap (Looks like a bungee cord wrapped around him twice).
It's not the mounting that I'm worried about, it's the profile and the price. The $50 one would be more convenient for putting around a chest than either of the other ones that were at the 2:00 mark, but it could also be put at the side of a mask with the same forward profile (or close to it) as a contour.

Quote:
Another alternative is the Midland XTC series. They use Contour batteries, so you can swap them out and record for longer than ones that have built in batteries, as well as SD cards. They offer, to the best of my knowledge, three models, with the high end one going for around $250. Gives you the same stuff as a Contour Roam, but with more mounting options that you will know what to do with, as well as a waterproof case.
Again, it's not about the mounting options and the features, but the priceerformance. I could drop $100 and get a contour, or I could drop $50 and save $50 to get something I'm satisfied with that fits just fine for rec play.

Quote:
And pretty much everything uses Micro SD cards to record on.
Of which I have a little container of in my desk

Watching that Tachyon video, was it the mount that was allowing that much movement?....
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Assuming I don't mount them vertical (The way the lens is set) The thing is, the GoPro is wider than it is taller, the $50 Polaroid is taller than it is wider, it looks to have near the same front profile as a contour.

It's not the mounting that I'm worried about, it's the profile and the price. The $50 one would be more convenient for putting around a chest than either of the other ones that were at the 2:00 mark, but it could also be put at the side of a mask with the same forward profile (or close to it) as a contour.

Again, it's not about the mounting options and the features, but the priceerformance. I could drop $100 and get a contour, or I could drop $50 and save $50 to get something I'm satisfied with that fits just fine for rec play.

Of which I have a little container of in my desk

Watching that Tachyon video, was it the mount that was allowing that much movement?....
I think it was mostly me.. I am not the lightest on my feet. It does just clip on the goggle strap. If you mount it on your gun then there is less bounce.

Good little camera.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
I think it was mostly me.. I am not the lightest on my feet. It does just clip on the goggle strap. If you mount it on your gun then there is less bounce.

Good little camera.
Ah, I'm actually looking to do a hard mount to my mask. I don't like marker cams because they destroy the line of sight down the barrel or cost $330 and I don't like goggle strapped cams because I use a Grill which has the straps on the inside of the mask.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

**** it guys, I've made up my mind.

I'm going with an RCA CC010 and duct tape.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #17 (permalink)

Seems like it would work...

Respect yourself, respect your teammates, respect those who we represent, respect all the other players, respect the spectators and respect the game. We play for the love of the game, winning is just an added bonus.

PBNation Feedback 41/0/0
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=473593
MCarterBrown Feedback 12/0/0
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Joe Cool 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

you can mount a Tachyon pretty securely to JT frames. I got mine on there for most of my videos.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

fyi, 640x480 is horrible by today's standards.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Resistance is futile, use the Borg ocular implant which allows you to see beyond the human visual spectrum.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone