mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Keeping an electro for a rainy day? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/225374-keeping-electro-rainy-day.html)

240SX 02-04-2013 02:29 PM

Keeping an electro for a rainy day?

So here's my question. I have one electro left in my collection. It's just an infinity legend, nothing special. I'm thinking about selling it to put the money towards something else but I'm on the fence about it since it's my last electro. Does anyone here keep one in the stable just for the sake of owning an electronic marker? My primary focus this spring/summer is going to be pump and I have a Gog enemy for when I need a semi auto.

Current Inventory:
Fully CCM'd Dye "Reflex"
Fully CCM'd Orracle
Check it Orracle
Hammer 7 (first strike only rifle)
SSC VSC Phantom
Gog Enemy
Infinity Legend

Dono 02-04-2013 02:37 PM

Personally I always like to have the fail safe electro. I usually play mech or pump with mags and cockers but every once in a while you really need to whipe that dumb smirk off someone's face.
I say keep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240SX (Post 2614426)
So here's my question. I have one electro left in my collection. It's just an infinity legend, nothing special. I'm thinking about selling it to put the money towards something else but I'm on the fence about it since it's my last electro. Does anyone here keep one in the stable just for the sake of owning an electronic marker? My primary focus this spring/summer is going to be pump and I have a Gog enemy for when I need a semi auto.

Current Inventory:
Fully CCM'd Dye "Reflex"
Fully CCM'd Orracle
Check it Orracle
Hammer 7 (first strike only rifle)
SSC VSC Phantom
Gog Enemy
Infinity Legend

artguy63 02-04-2013 03:22 PM

Nope. When I used to shoot electro and I wouldn't play for a while, I always forgot to charge the battery or something.

From then on, I've relied on strictly non-electronic components in my guns.

Murf425 02-04-2013 03:33 PM

I did, but not anymore. I still have my BKO (just for lack of being able to find a buyer yet), but my eNMEy is my "rainy day" semi. Besides...since my BKO's blind and my fastest hopper is a Revvy, I can shoot the eNMEy just as fast anyway.

tiny 02-04-2013 04:00 PM

I've been thinking along these same lines myself, are any of your snipers drilled for eyes? You could just sell the legend and enemy and use the cash to buy a nice set of pneus and/or an electro setup for your reflex or orracle.

sniper42 02-04-2013 04:11 PM

I have all of the components to convert my karnivor back to a semi but it spends 90% of the time as a pump. It is nice to have the option sometimes but I play with a semi maybe once a year at most.

240SX 02-05-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

I've been thinking along these same lines myself, are any of your snipers drilled for eyes? You could just sell the legend and enemy and use the cash to buy a nice set of pneus and/or an electro setup for your reflex or orracle.
No sir, all my pumps are undrilled just the way I like them.

Orpackrat 02-05-2013 08:22 AM

All my markers are mechanical except my TM7 which can have a couple issues from time to time with the bolt (needs a new one). I'm not fond of electronic markers simply because mechanical makes sense to me and is simpler.

In any case, I do keep and use one from time to time an old electro just because it keeps on working, even if the battery is almost dead, it keeps on working, an old Diablo Wrath.

RatFink 02-05-2013 08:48 AM

Yup, I like to have one of everything. The funny thing is, when I get more than one type of marker, I start freaking out and have to choose and off one. Right now, I have a SC pump, OC Pump, mech Mini Mag, mech Millennium (I need to get rid of) and this Ripper.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...el/Ripper1.jpg
I hung on to this one, because I like the quality of it. I like the machining, the fact it was made in America and they really don't seem to make them like this any more. I still have yet to use it in a game though.

shredxcam 02-05-2013 09:10 AM

Wow. Custom tigger guard and trigger?