Spyder 5 2.94%
DYE/Proto 0 0%
Eclipse/Planet Eclipse 4 2.35%
Bob Long 3 1.76%
Brass Eagle 2 1.18%
Smart Parts/GOG/Luxe 5 2.94%
Alien 0 0%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I always find it interesting how many people look down on Tippmann users... Almost like if you use a Tippmann, you aren't serious about paintball, or you are a newb... I realize many people judge others skill level by the equipment they use, but in paintball, the skill is your ability to win games, and get eliminations. And the key to that, is being able to put balls on target, when you have to quickly get an elimination.

I never have to worry about my Tippmann A-5 not firing. Every time I pull the trigger it works. (unless I forgot to turn on my remote line... but, that isn't my markers fault! Lol).

I have zero desire to spend money on the latest and greatest out there. And I never feel "overpowered" by someone shooting streams of paint at me. I just take my shot (semi auto) and move on. I get them, or they get me. It wasn't their markers "perceived value" that got me out... It was the players skill.

Some of us CHOOSE to play with Tippmanns because they are made in the USA, and WORK really well. That doesn't make us "less" serious about paintball. It may mean we just don't want to spend our time working on our markers...
<LIKE>

I pretty much run along the lines that if it is not brass, then it is a Tippmann that I shoot...the only exception to that rule is going to be the H7 shortly...But I suspect that I will still resort to my PMI for pump play more often than not.

Otherwise it is my Phenom or TPX. All the while one of my buddies I play regularly with is tweaking his marker or calling himself out because his electronics are out of whack...I simply smirk and remind him "Mechanical for the win!!"
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #42 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Please don't count me among the prejudiced. I love my Tippmanns. The only parts I've had to replace are detents, and even those last for years. Oh, and a couple parts that were missing when I got the Carbine.
Feedback

RIP
heinous
2006-2014
"No, I'M sorry"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Please don't count me among the prejudiced.
Says the man with the image of a 98 with "crazy 98's" emblazoned on the side in his sig ;P
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Agreed! Great post. It was those ravaging zombie hoards that ultimately swayed my vote. Although, if we could rewind 5-10 years, Tippmann definitely would be my favorite manufacturer. Older Tippmanns are still my preferred outlaw guns.
Thank you kindly. Was going to mention, but will now merely refrain, that there should be no shame in using an older Tippmann (or newer), for most kinds of rec play, outlaw or no.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Please don't count me among the prejudiced. I love my Tippmanns. The only parts I've had to replace are detents, and even those last for years. Oh, and a couple parts that were missing when I got the Carbine.
I own 6 Tippmanns but never owned a 98, that seems strange now thinking of it lol

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Every time a player "upgrades" to a different marker, they have to learn how that particular marker shoots. And that learning curve hurts their progression.

I see guys that switch markers often, and all they are doing is messing up their muscle memory. Which is one of the reasons I use the same gun I started with... As progression is reduced every time you switch gear to something "better".
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
Oldbie

Well I get the same number of eliminations no matter what I pick up but I'm a God amongst men, speak for yourself.

Tippmann clearly.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
Im sure its brass eagle. They have sold more guns then all other companies combined. Most have never seen a commercial field, so we tend to forget about them.
The neighbor's dog and the stop sign at the end of the street don't count as eliminations.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Tippmann, hands down.

I don't look down on Tippmanns or their owners. 2 of the 5 guns I've bought new have been Tippmanns. I however, don't like Tippmanns for my style of play. Too long, not efficient, not Cocker threaded, and take awhile to field strip (on the off chance you have to do it since they are reliable).

If all I played was Outlaw or someplace without HPA fills, I'd rock a Carver One on a 20oz CO2 and have a party.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Nothing wrong with Tippman's or people who use them. My buddy has got me plenty of times with his a5. I just give em a hard time because I have never owned one, shoot, I have never even played a game with one. My friends all gave me crap because they all shoot em and I don't. My first gun (after the BE) was a spyder. After that a cocker and that is where I found love. The gun you use the most is your most accurate gun, I just keep getting better now that I have settled in on my go to.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone