Spyder 5 2.94%
DYE/Proto 0 0%
Eclipse/Planet Eclipse 4 2.35%
Bob Long 3 1.76%
Brass Eagle 2 1.18%
Smart Parts/GOG/Luxe 5 2.94%
Alien 0 0%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
Post Whore

damn, need we forget that ICD/Line SI should be in there too?

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #52 (permalink)

Went with Tippmann because, yeah, that's 80-90% of the rental markers at my field, and 50+% of the owned markers. However, I think that BT/Empire should have been on the list because there's a ton of minis and BT4 variants kicking around too.
Blackmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Oh... You mean Ben Tippmann 4 variants. Yeah.

It's that average number of owners combined with how long Tippmann has been around.

And since they've been around since the beginning.... They have a 20 something year head start on the kee. A valuable head start, since the late 90s and early 2k boasted an estimated 6 million players worldwide. Poor math aside, those estimates are down to 2 million these days. If kee eliminated Tippmann from the market, it might take them 60 years to catch up.

Ps... I'm not a Tippmann fan in the slightest. But I have to admit to having a dozen of them in my collection. Owning one seems Effing inevitable.

Last edited by alpha434; 02-10-2013 at 11:37 AM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Oh... You mean Ben Tippmann 4 variants. Yeah.

It's that average number of owners combined with how long Tippmann has been around.

And since they've been around since the beginning.... They have a 20 something year head start on the kee.
Agreed in full.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-Tippmann predates every name on that list, often by decades. As I recall, the original SL-68 came out in '86, which I think predates even the Sniper (or at least, the mass-produced Snipers anyway.)

It's possible Brass Eagle came out a little earlier than Tippmann, but I'm not sure- even if they did, though, Tippy had a clear edge in production even back then.

AGD didn't start making a gun until '90, Kingman until '95 and Smart Parts 'til '96. DYE didn't start making a marker 'til... what, the Matrix in '00 or '01? PE didn't start making a full marker 'til something like '02 or '03, and by that time, there were well over half a million Tippmanns out there.

Doc.
Um I don't disagree with everyone's statement of Tippmann being the winner. But I do want to give a little bit of knowledge by saying, WGP was born in 85. Tippmann does not pre date it.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I thought WGP was born in 87?

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRumLive999 View Post
Um I don't disagree with everyone's statement of Tippmann being the winner. But I do want to give a little bit of knowledge by saying, WGP was born in 85. Tippmann does not pre date it.
-I stand corrected, if true.

I wasn't sure when Bud came out with the first Sniper, but I do know he spent at least a year hand-making them in his garage, before ramping up true mass-production with the Sniper-2.

Of course, if you want to get technical, Tippmann was around as a company prior to their switch to paintball. Originally they made miniature machine guns (like this half-scale Browning 1919A4 air-cooled) basically as collector's items.

The Gun Control Act of 1986 put the stop to new production of full-auto guns for civillian use, so Tippmann was stuck with a factory full of machines and employees, but no product they could legally build.

He'd heard of this new sport of paintball, did a little research, and eventually started producing the SL-68 pump. The rest, as they say, is history.

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #58 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

Very cool! I didn't know that about Tippmann. Doesn't surprise me that they made real guns though but wasn't expecting mini machine guns! Awesome!

Here's a Lil proof of wgp '85
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #59 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Picture looks like a a centerfeed 2 finger hinge frame cocker to me. Bud must have seen the future.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathalh View Post
Picture looks like a a centerfeed 2 finger hinge frame cocker to me. Bud must have seen the future.
...or a Palmer Hurricane...
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone