mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
That Guardian does look pretty awesome.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Oh my

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
count me in on being intrigued on the story with the Guardian...

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
You've had those pictures for a month, and only now sharing them. Shame on you.
lol, no, the camera is old and I lost the manual and forgot how to set the date. I assure you, I just took those yesterday. I will have more picks today as the Benjamin rifle has garnished some interest as well.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
I have never heard of the Guardian, though I want it. I know pretty shocking. .
Look at the name: "Neely Pneumatics". I think that tells you everything you need to know. Its safe to assume that its identical to the Falcon.... also designed by Marcus Neely.

I've not heard of the guardian, but he originally was working on the Falcon at Bridgewater Mass, same place as the Checkmate. There was a huge falling out, and he moved to Florida. Seems like he started his own seperate company to produce his "Legend" design?

I know that at one point there was a deal made with Sheridan to sell them the design of the Falcon, and its reg. These evolved into the Equalizer, and NoHot shots. (and also cloned by cMI as the LS2000 and R2000)

But that same field was earlier involved with the Pheonix paintgun (remember that?), and he claimed that the reg, and internal valve was ripped off from his gun, and sued. In the end he won... so the Falcon disappeared.

The only curious thing about this Guadian is the trigger and barrel. The original Falcon was around 1994-5? Predating those types of triggers and barrels? Those look more like 97+ era.

Pretty neat. I'd buy it, or trade, or anything involving my soul is "on the table".

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I know that at one point there was a deal made with Sheridan to sell them the design of the Falcon, and its reg. These evolved into the Equalizer, and NoHot shots. (and also cloned by cMI as the LS2000 and R2000)

But that same field was earlier involved with the Pheonix paintgun (remember that?), and he claimed that the reg, and internal valve was ripped off from his gun, and sued. In the end he won... so the Falcon disappeared.
-Hmmm... we might have to compare notes sometime. It was my understanding that the Phoenix and what eventually became the Equalizer were developed by... what was the guy's name, Scott?

I spoke to him at some extent (via email) many years ago, and as I recall, he basically said he invented the style of regulator that we see today in the CP reg, or earlier in the Angel MiniReg, and as noted, in the NoHoTShots and RG-1. The NHS, as I remember, wasn't licensed and he shut them down, whereas the RG-1 and Equalizer designs were submitted to Sheridan for production.

The Equalizer's original design (I used to, and hopefully still do somewhere, have a copy of a couple different wireframe CAD drawings of both the original and the production versions) had a vertical on-off valve mounted in the body, similar to the Automag.

Sheridan's board of directors apparently thought- according to the designer- that this was either not user-friendly enough, or possibly would be seen as too close to a 'Mag ripoff, and changed it to having the firing valve (the "on off") mounted down in the frame.

That lengthened the air passages by about a factor of ten, and forced several restrictive right-angle turns. The upshot being that the Equalizer, which should have been Sheridan's 'Mag-killer, would choke at anything above about 4 shots per second- and the trigger pull was so stiff and long (and really, entirely unadjustable) that anything above about five took a trigger finger that looked like Popeye's forearm.

Anyway, last I heard from the guy- well over a decade ago- he'd gotten pretty fed up with the industry, and was spending all his free time in litigation over his designs.

I've got an Equalizer around here somewhere- bought brand new for something like $350 at the time - and I've always wanted to dig up those old wireframes and retrofit his original inline valve idea. In my spare time, of course.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

A few more treasures for your optical enjoyment -

He also has a Mac-1 Annihilator but one of our old gun tech took it apart and never re-assembled it before he left. I wanted to take pics of it, but right now it's in pieces.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

are those tank rings on the side of the k-series? that is a k-2 stock(f series) but the bottom tube is to short. It looks to be a kp3 body in a k2 stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

Last edited by snaparen; 02-07-2013 at 08:59 PM.
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Discovered the Hidden Cup

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
He also has a Mac-1 Annihilator but one of our old gun tech took it apart and never re-assembled it before he left. I wanted to take pics of it, but right now it's in pieces.
I fail to see a problem here.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
are those tank rings on the side of the k-series? that is a k-2 stock(f series) but the bottom tube is to short. It looks to be a kp3 body in a k2 stock.
Yes, those are tank rings and the tube under the barrel has no plug to it. Knowing Wayne, I assume he was trying to make some sort of bolt action sniper rifle from it. With Wayne being sick and at home for the last 2 weeks, it's hard to say without actually being able to talk to him about each piece. He did say the Bullpup VM was given to his son, but he hardly ever used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I fail to see a problem here.
I don't know to much about the sheridan series other then it was the other option when I started playing. I am a nelson guy and only know how to work on them. So I have no clue how to re-assemble the sheridan/annihilator pump.

Last edited by DamoNAN; 02-07-2013 at 10:49 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone