mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I believe they played Wayne's in previous years before I joined. I know we skipped it this year because of some past negative experiences. Apparently last year's St. Valentine's Day Massacre game was just a complete a total goat rodeo of cheating, exorbitant prices, and crappy paint.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Chrisrook you can also venture North a little bit, as mentioned there is Wayne's World, but also a little further East is Old River which has some nice fields. And a little further North is First Strike.

And you would think though...that since this is Florida and we can play year round that we would have more great fields and more that kick butt like places like Hells Survivors and CPX and places like that....but alas...maybe when I win the lottery I will open up THE field that all others will bow down too
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sounds like a dang good idea to me.

As for First Strike, the whole entire time I lived in G-ville, I never went there. I was a Rocky Creek guy myself.

Sad that with the beautiful weather we have about half the year, we have semi quality fields. Really makes you want to open one up yourself. As for local play, a friend and I are either gonna hit up Fierce or Hi-Tec in a few months after Taxes come back. I haven't played in years, and he's only played once, so if no one else shows up, I have someone on slightly equal footing to play with.
chrisrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I can understand that. Played at RC a couple of times...not a bad field...a little small but still enjoyable....Last time I went though, I had problems....had a brand new 3.5oz CO2 and a new 13CI tank...they overfilled the CO2 so it blew the burst disk...did not get to play with the new tank on my pump. And they dropped my 13 and it bent the lip so it would not seal. Sadly I did not have proof....but someone said they saw it drop. But again...I did not get to play with the new tank....so I figure next time I will just go with rental fleet...more younger players there anyways so it will be fun

We are looking to hit up Old River next month...I will post something in the SE section, and try to remember to PM you, when we firm up the date to go. Always look for more folks to show up
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

The only indoor field in fl I know of is Orlando Paintball.
And if epic was the one out on 50 and 417 area then yeah, that closed along with hypersports on hoffner. They were owned by married couple.

CFP really is a nice field when there's people there.

As to all the "why don't we have tons of great fields?" stuff, I think we do. Look at how many have already been mentioned within about an hour or two drive. For most of the rest of the country that's a pipe dream. Yeah, we aren't socal and we may not have an emr castle or anything but we pretty much trade that for always having World Cup down here.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Jakal's right. I moved down from Pensacola a year ago, and up there we had one (garbage) field that was never busy. This part of the state is amazing compared to everything borth of Gainesville.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

yeah, everything north of Gainesville and all the way up to about pennsylvania...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

I guess I just keep remembering back to when I first started playing back in early '03. Sport was booming and there was fields everywhere. I guess we do have a lot of nice fields, and I never realized the travel some people had to go through.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Man this area has been a hotbed for the sport since the mid 90's. There were two or three fields in the area even when I started playing in like 94.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

When I started in 03, the colsest field was CFP, but it was worth the drive to go to Epic. I know RC has been open since the 90's, and Jim there has been playinv since the late 80's, early 90's. Cant remember exactly what year.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone