mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I will agree with you regarding mechanical guns. And I can understand individuals preferring to shoot capped semi with electronic guns (using a double trigger frame). What I can't understand is the ubiquitous adoption of the double trigger frame, without option, on every single electronic marker on the market (that isn't in MILSIM or scenario styling).

And I didn't know about the NXL, I just mentioned it because my Tribal's 2006 Chaos board has it.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

You're not alone... I'm still praying for someone to do a run of single trigger frames for the Excalibur Everything I own has a single trigger. I'm not a fan of speed, but a fan of playing. I also have no talent walking electro's sooooo... ya. single please!
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Single trigger Excalibur is my dream gun. I will find one someday. Its become pretty obvious from this thread that people have their own preferences. However only one side of us is getting what they want. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who wants a single trigger electro.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
At the risk of being the focal point of everyone's scorn.....

.......I prefer double triggers for my mechs.

-I find it easier to switch between index and middle finger when they get tired / cold (ie. Spyders with a "hard" throw)
-I find shooting my pneumag easier when using my middle finger to fire at the very bottom of the trigger (ie. longer lever)
-I sometimes wear gloves and I found the single carbon fiber frames on my mags a touch tight. They were impossible for winter play. The Intelliframes solved this.
-I'll sometimes use my index to "point" and my middle finger to fire. It's just muscle-memory for me. I find it easier to do with a larger trigger.

That being said, I love customization so the option to have a single trigger is an option long overdue. To each their own.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
That being said, I love customization so the option to have a single trigger is an option long overdue. To each their own.
No scorn here.... All the points you touched on is the reason I love singles. I can't remember the last time I shot a slide framed AutoCocker with my index finger. I always run them with my middle (ambidextrously) Much is the same with my Excalibur... I use just my middle finger and "point" with my index. Only the pump guns do I actually squeeze the trigger with my pointer.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
but it do

Send a message via AIM to Bleeds Send a message via Yahoo to Bleeds

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
If modern double trigger frames were designed like the stock ICD Bushmaster 2000 frame I wouldn't have a problem with them but sadly form always wins over function.

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."
Bleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
At the risk of being the focal point of everyone's scorn.....

.......I prefer double triggers for my mechs.

-I'll sometimes use my index to "point" and my middle finger to fire. It's just muscle-memory for me. I find it easier to do with a larger trigger.
I'm with you. When playing mech semi, I have my index finger pointed at my foe along the side of the gun, and use my middle finger pointing down along the length of the (double) trigger. More comfortable for me that way.

I shoot pump with my middle finger as well but I'm not banging away on the trigger so a single is fine.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #48 (permalink)

yep, even when shooting my Etek, i held it like a single trigger. no use for a double trigger on recball fields, or if not playing competitively.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
With mechanical guns, there's (literally) a mechanical advantage with double triggers. When you're pulling on trigger with a strong spring and the mechanical load of the sear, a double finger trigger is more ergonomic in the pursuit of a high rate of fire.

Meanwhile, there is no mechanical resistance on a electropneumatic gun. That trigger moves as fast as you can hit your fingers against it... Faster, in fact, as the computer will fill in for slow fingers.

I suggest that being able to support more of a gun's weight with your trigger hand is superior for ergonomics. It reduces wrist fatigue. It improves the steadiness of the gun when aiming. The player, at an instinctual level, knows this.

Which was why the Dye Ultralight grip was successful. The hourglass shape allowed for the gun's weight to be supported on the thumb and the base of your pointer finger, while triggering.

But let's be realistic... That's a sub par device, if ergonomics are the goal. And with a computer shooting the gun as fast as you want... Why wouldn't you want a single-finger space dildo?!?

I know one reason... Institutionalization. A drive to be cool. Like everybody else.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

if you want it make it happen. (not finished but you get the idea)

i have seen this done on dms, akas, shockers, and a few others not all are pretty but they did all work.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone