mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've always wanted one. Looks like a sweet gun. I own a sterling stp and always wanted the semi-auto equivalent. Even on sale though, it is out of my reach at the moment, unless I sell a bunch of guns.....hmm

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
With the Empire Autococker, mech Torque by J4, and Powerball potentially making modifications to the Sovereign (barrel threads and feedneck), it is going to be an interesting year to buy a new mechanical gun.

I don't understand why they don't mill the body to allow air passage to the ram-bolt. You could lose the hoses fairly easily by having the body extend a little bit past where it is (and lose a portion of the lengthwise cutout).
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
With the Empire Autococker, mech Torque by J4, and Powerball potentially making modifications to the Sovereign (barrel threads and feedneck), it is going to be an interesting year to buy a new mechanical gun.

I don't understand why they don't mill the body to allow air passage to the ram-bolt. You could lose the hoses fairly easily by having the body extend a little bit past where it is (and lose a portion of the lengthwise cutout).
but then it won't look like a sovereign
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
but then it won't look like a sovereign
Are those two hoses really the only thing making it look like a Sovereign? You could easily replace them with something cleaner. I would suspect, however, that the lull in Sovereign sales since the end of the 1990s has greatly restricted R&D.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
$300 shipped from the UK doesn't seem so bad. I might want to pick up one of these.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I hope Mike doesn't mind me hosting this:

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...ca3dc.mp4.html

That sounds damn good.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Am I old school yet?

Send a message via AIM to nerobro Send a message via Yahoo to nerobro Send a message via Skype™ to nerobro

Well, I'm in love. I got paint in it tonight. It felt just right. The quiet shot, the clack of the bolt cycling, the bounce of a heavy trigger spring.

Yeah, this is a quality gun. And it comes set up correctly from the factory. I've got nothing bad to say. At all.

It also seems that I "still have it" when it comes to shooting a cocker. I was giving my revvy a run for the money. Thank goodness I have a spare halo to throw on it. I suppose we'll need to rename it a crown.
nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

I want to post something here I really do but I'll refrain. They do indeed take spyder barrels, the hoses come that way from the factory mine did too I think they do that so they don't get messed with in shipping. That is indeed a WGP reg, I pulled mine apart and it even had the colored orings in it. Neat little markers but the lack of a clamping feedneck and poor US reresentation can sometimes steer people away from these unique markers. I really wish they came with an owners manual and spares kit. The online owners manual is ok at best. Mike at power ball is awesome and so is his customer service, if you need anything he'll definetly try hard to help you out.
Washington reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Am I old school yet?

Send a message via AIM to nerobro Send a message via Yahoo to nerobro Send a message via Skype™ to nerobro

Mike was awesome.

so what are you refraining from talking about? Seems silly to hint at it and not say it. :-)
nerobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Mike seems to be promoting Powerball and the AP guns more than anyone has in a long time. Pinnacle Paintball Supply here in Canada is now a Sterling dealer... I wonder if we can bug him for some under the table mech stock.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone