-   The Dead Zone (
-   -   Havoc Launcher (

fullofpaint 03-04-2013 05:20 PM

Havoc Launcher
So we're looking to pick one of these up for the UWL next month. Is it safe to order from their website? I know there was a lot of issues at one point with them. Do any other stores sell these?

barkingspider 03-04-2013 05:21 PM

I know that rockstartactical had them

Edit: sorry they must have just sold out. Checked after I posted. Should have reversed the process before posting. Might try eBay, because someone sells there often

Redbeard the Pirate 03-04-2013 05:41 PM

From what I was told the Havoc isn't being made right now, Rockstar is out and Metadye (as far as I've been told) doesn't have any left in stock and are using the parts for tshirt launchers and less then lethal launchers.

super_stanchy 03-04-2013 05:50 PM

i *think* gearheadz paintball has one in stock

fullofpaint 03-04-2013 05:58 PM

What should I know about them? Any vital upgrades, fixes etc?

super_stanchy 03-04-2013 06:04 PM

mine shot great for the first 100 shots, then it started eating orings
(the relief hole above the trigger)

i saw metadyne at supergame last year, they said the newer ones dont have that hole

his story:
we were worried about them overpressurizing and blowing up and rushed them out the door to ship, we drilled a hole in the valve so that they cant blow up

after they got caught up, they sent one to testing and it took 8,000psi to burst, so it wasnt needed, then they found out the hole location was closer to the 800psi then they expected, so it tries to eat the oring everytime it overpressurizes

i drilled/plugged/reamed my hole closed, havnt had a problem with it yet (20 shots)
i need to replumb the air so i can do a little more testing

Redbeard the Pirate 03-04-2013 06:06 PM

IMHO they are by far the best massed produced launcher made. The pressure blow off O-rings that came with them from factory were iffy, but if they blew were easy to replace with aftermarket Orings.

I've owned.... 5? Havocs over the years, I always end up selling them since I only use the maybe a couple times a year but I always regretted it afterwards due to how fun they are to play with even outside of a paintball game. And now that they're getting harder to find I'm REALLY regretting selling them hahaha.

Edit: ^Beat me to it.

fullofpaint 03-04-2013 06:08 PM

Does the barrel length really make a difference? Do the newer ones come with the breach load or is that an upgrade for all of them?

Sorry haha, trying to get up to speed as quick as possible.

Redbeard the Pirate 03-04-2013 06:10 PM

Breach load is an upgrade, long barrel/short barrel... In my opinion that was all preference. The longer barrel may be slightly more accurate but I loved my stubby launcher the best.

Kermitt 03-04-2013 06:17 PM eats that stuff and it's the only thing you can use for lube.