mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #131 (permalink)
The Chesnut

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
I know what I am wearing for the next Halloween game.

I am not sure how I could justify it as. Maybe I could say I was the Stay Puff Marshmallow man.
Michelin Man, Poppin' Fresh, you got options.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #132 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

I think sta-puft is your best bet. Grab some white sweats and a crapload of bubble wrap and you're set.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #133 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
My 2 cents.

Going out on a bounce does not make you more honorable. I have and will do so if I feel necessary. But most of the time I stay in after a bounce.

I wear my padding because I play rough. I wear a jersey and paintball pants because I like them. My forearm pads have saved me more pain from me crawling, bumping, and falling than from paintballs. Same with my kneepads. I wear what makes me comfortable to go play. I have gotten far more bounces on "fluffy" players than I have on "padded cheaters". It doesn't make you a better player because you go play in cargo shorts and a tshirt. Do what makes you happy, and play some paintball. If your so worried about having fun over trying to win, why complain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #134 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
If your so worried about having fun over trying to win, why complain?
Paintball is a lot more fun when the players you hit are marked, regardless of whether its a backyard game or a toruney.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #135 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My 2 cents.

I wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt while playing because that's what I find comfortable, and it's cheap (not spending so much on clothes). I don't try for padding, but if I decided I wanted knee pads/elbow pads and they caused bounces, I wouldn't be happy about it, but I would use it if I felt it was necessary (I do play aggressively and scrape up my knee and sometimes my arms each day I play, but don't want to shell the money out).

I feel it's okay if you wear stuff that helps bounce if that's what makes you feel comfortable playing.
But...
If you do it intentionally to get bounces, I hate it. I remember talking to a guy who at first seemed cool, and then he told me about his gear that he wears intentionally to get bounces. I stopped talking to him after that. Also later found out besides that, he also wipes...

I've also stated this a long time ago, but I feel as though stuff like speedball should have clothing that intentionally breaks the ball. I remember getting a lot of players bashing me because, "We'd be out on the break way too often" and dumb stuff like that. If that was true they can always adjust measurements on the field. The way it's meant to be played is like airsoft where, "If you're hit, you're out". But since that can't be mandated, it's "If it breaks, you're out".

This also gets me to my last point. Saw it mentioned how someone will go out even if it doesn't break. You may find that honorable, but no one else is doing it. That's why I just play by whatever field rules mandate. That includes whether gun shots/hopper shots count or not.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #136 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Paintball is a lot more fun when the players you hit are marked, regardless of whether its a backyard game or a toruney.
I know this, but if your only in it for the fun why complain.

I use the highest quality paint I can get my hands on for that reason. It makes a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #137 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Fan
Since day 1 the point of the game was to mark the other guy. You don't get points in basketball for hitting the rim or score a touchdown for getting your big toe across the line. If you buy good pants to protect your knees and the next generation that's okay just like wearing elbow pads or padded pack waist bands to make it more comfortable to get around but if you're wearing padded chest and shoulder gear... Man up.
If you take a shot to the chest, waist or shoulders it's because you weren't playing well enough and got beat. If you take a shot center mass you got beat and should be working on your skills and not spending money. But if you're 250' away and I mistake your "hit" for a fly or gas, don't expect me to leave unless it breaks and leaves a mark. Range is a limiting factor of the game, if you can't play in the confines of the game (FSR excluded here) then play another game, want to get a hit on me, get into a gun fight or sneak up on me, demonstrate some level of skill.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #138 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

if you wear bounce padding and dont raise your hands when i hit you, from any range, expect alot more shooting.

i usually like to clarify before a game, a clean hit is an elimination. that cuts down on everyone over shooting. if you want to check your jersey for paint, when you look down, stay looking down until one breaks on you.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #139 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
To be honest, I don't care about padding, because at the ranges I tend to play at I usually am close enough that a bounce shirt isn't going to save you.

The only pads I wear are elbow and knew pads because I like to slide and crawl......a lot.

I wear paintball pants but they're older ones, with no padding at all. I wear and underarmor shirt and just a thin mesh head wrap.

Oddly enough I get a ton of bounces off my shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #140 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Paintball could be the one sport where fatness and man-boobs may help more than hinder.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone