mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #161 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

I think the safety conscious should be shifting to hard padding where ever practical. A motorcycle chest protector does not promote bounces but will eliminate pain of getting shot.

that would end a ton of this controversy.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #162 (permalink)

I've been wearing a mascot suit of Bowser from Mario bros. since the beginning of the season it's got 4 inches of padding up the front, however it does slow me down quite a bit. Bounces galore for me. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 156519_175562459266323_1181132184_n.jpg (39.3 KB, 88 views)
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #163 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Boy oh boy, THAT thing's gotta stink!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #164 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree and apologize for my pedantry in advance. Objective and subjective are binary opposites, they're mutually exclusive perspectives. Morality is subjective and honor is a derivative product of morality so honor is subjective.
Our disagreement comes about on the idea that morality is subjective. I believe it is objective and that we simply disagree on where the objective line is - which because there is vast disagreement on where the line is makes it appear subjective.

Yeh that sounded circular. Let me try to rephrase. I believe morality is objective. I am not certain, on many issues, where the objective line is and welcome disagreement and discussion. That being said without touching on religion or having a very very long philosophical discussion my argument here is going to sound like an argument of definition between objective and subjective. Its not intended to be but the length of discussion we would need to further this is beyond what is practical here.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #165 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I wear a t-shirt and camo pants, guys wanna pad I just double tap or triple tap if need be until I get a break. Last game I played I snuck up behind one of my friends gave him one in the back "Vest" he turned around and said "I'm not sure if it broke" In which I replied "I can shot you again till one breaks" he replied "That wont be necessary" and he walked off and we both were laughing.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #166 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer50505 View Post
I think the safety conscious should be shifting to hard padding where ever practical. A motorcycle chest protector does not promote bounces but will eliminate pain of getting shot.

that would end a ton of this controversy.
That's exactly the thing. People wearing fore-arm pads, padded jerseys, super loose clothing, etc. are NOT wearing them for safety, regardless of what they tell you. If they were, they would be wearing hard outer shelled pads.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #167 (permalink)
Bestial Bowman

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
I've been wearing a mascot suit of Bowser from Mario bros. since the beginning of the season it's got 4 inches of padding up the front, however it does slow me down quite a bit. Bounces galore for me. lol
Want. One. Now.

STRIDERS Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m9S2HYH7A-YVZzoq9QkBw
STRIDERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stride...98060457001863

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Despite their proximity, the Wolfman from Leeds is not related to any werewolf in London, but he is first cousins with the Northern Mi dogman.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Our disagreement comes about on the idea that morality is subjective. I believe it is objective and that we simply disagree on where the objective line is - which because there is vast disagreement on where the line is makes it appear subjective.

Yeh that sounded circular. Let me try to rephrase. I believe morality is objective. I am not certain, on many issues, where the objective line is and welcome disagreement and discussion. That being said without touching on religion or having a very very long philosophical discussion my argument here is going to sound like an argument of definition between objective and subjective. Its not intended to be but the length of discussion we would need to further this is beyond what is practical here.
All those words, and I dont think you said anything.

I got a solution for everyone. Shoot them in the face, their mask isn't padded, and you can't wipe it off easily either.
The Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #169 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dizzle View Post
All those words, and I dont think you said anything.

I got a solution for everyone. Shoot them in the face, their mask isn't padded, and you can't wipe it off easily either.
Shall I use smaller words for you?
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #170 (permalink)
all work

I'm sold on the hard chest protector, I'll price one out. I bet they keep you cooler than bounce vests too.

@ Lohman446 I can see I won't be able to persuade you to accept my version of reality so I'll let it rest for now, though I think you'll come around if you ponder it a bit.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone