The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #171 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I'm sold on the hard chest protector, I'll price one out. I bet they keep you cooler than bounce vests too.

@ Lohman446 I can see I won't be able to persuade you to accept my version of reality so I'll let it rest for now, though I think you'll come around if you ponder it a bit.
I'll accept the disagreement and note it may well end being one of wording. Perhaps I have already thought about it too much. I'll PM you to avoid this becoming a long winded discussion here
"In the essentials: unity; in the non-essentials: liberty; in all things: love" - often incorrectly attributed to Augustine or John Wesley - original source in question

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 06-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #172 (permalink)

Originally Posted by JaKaL View Post
Boy oh boy, THAT thing's gotta stink!
No sir the local dry cleaners keep me fresh as a daisy, and I only wear the head piece in staging for pictures. I have a goblin mask for on field.
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #173 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

It'd almost be better if they could smell you coming.
...'cause bandaid's stuck on me!
JaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:00 AM   #174 (permalink)

Originally Posted by maggot View Post
That's exactly the thing. People wearing fore-arm pads, padded jerseys, super loose clothing, etc. are NOT wearing them for safety, regardless of what they tell you. If they were, they would be wearing hard outer shelled pads.
I've gotta disagree on one thing, I started wearing the dye core arm pads recently b/c I play in short sleeve shirt's mostly (it's hot in FL) and I'd either end up scraping the crap out of my forearms or getting nice allergic reactions from crawling through all the vegetation.
I wear those pads for protection, and they are the most comfortable without being bulky. I do benefit from more arm bounces, but those aren't "vital" areas anyway and I usually call myself out on any body/neck/head shot regardless of break.

Basically I agree with you except for forearm pads.

Padding and the requiring a break to be out rule are the major factor for overshooting. As a primarily pistol and pump player, getting unnecessarily lit up by some prick wannabe-speedballer who doesn't know how to fire 1-2 shots at a time, gets old quick.
X7og - Skywalker
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #175 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Shall I use smaller words for you?
dont do that either, youll just use 10x the amount of small words needed to say nothing.

it doesnt matter what shape you see morality as, circular...rectangular... cheating is cheating, in any game. you know if your playing as a good sport or not. play like a prick, noone wants to play with you.

im sick of being overshot because everyone thinks "maybe those all bounced". i have 4 huge bruises on my calf from 4 weeks ago. the guy couldnt see the paint breaking, so decided to shoot me in the leg until i started walking towards him yelling 'im out! whats your damn problem?'. my hands went up, and i just kept getting shot 'i didnt know if they were breaking'. he was like 20 ft away.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » The Dead Zone