mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I either use my S5rf or my boxgun. So my R7 will fit in rather well. If I sell my mini comp I won't be too heart broken as I don't get time to play near as often as I used to.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD.Pump View Post
Mag fed is the new stock class.
Negative sir. Ninjas and samurai are two different class of warrior.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
all work

Ninjas use blowguns, Samurai shoot Airowguns.

I've been seeing a lot of SC markers in the BST also. Not many that are priced cheaper than new. I'm guessing it's just marker-whoring for profit.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
Ninjas use blowguns, Samurai shoot Airowguns.

I've been seeing a lot of SC markers in the BST also. Not many that are priced cheaper than new. I'm guessing it's just marker-whoring for profit.
I'm not sure what most SC guns run new, but "back in the day" I'd see Buzzards/Comps for $500-600 and now I've seen them for as low as $350. Phantoms are dirt cheap. It's a good time to buy a SC gun.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Very true Joe. Carters have taken a huge hit in resale the last few years. Same with PPS. Back in 07-09 PPS would fetch the same price as new.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Serious Business

I'm sure everyone has noticed that sheridan prices have hit the ****ter.

A double edged sword... Cheap guns, more temptations...

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-17 View Post
I'm sure everyone has noticed that sheridan prices have hit the ****ter.

A double edged sword... Cheap guns, more temptations...
Not tempting me. Those fixed barrel, huge bore bastids ain't worth my money

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Donut SD: absolutely right about sc and magfed being different. Both have some pros and challenges for each that are slightly different. Both are cool.

About sc/ limited paint being frustrating to play against open class/electros.

Not to open a can of worms and hijack a thread (but maybe for some critical discussion) I think that's all in the eye of the beholder.

When playing one of the worst things I hate hearing is "yeah he shot me out but he was using an electro and I was playing sc". This sounds like a justification for being eliminated. That player wasn't eliminated because his opponent had a full hopper and unlimited air and a fast marker. He was eliminated because a paintball hit and broke on a part of his body. Using a marker with with a healthy supply of paint and air with the ability to shoot "ropes" can be beneficial, but so can using a sc marker.

Open lines of sight to aim (oh no, I said aim in paintball).
I carry at most 140 paintballs on the field. Makes me think more because I have to rely on other skills like communication, teamwork and accuracy.
Also, I don't feel encumbered. I feel tight getting into cover.
I don't have a hopper which acts like a giant hard plastic target for my opponents to get easy breaks.
etc...

In my own opinion stock class has its own challenges but also its own strengths. I've never felt underpowered getting onto a field. And I play with all types and skill levels. I also don't get owned.

Last weekend was the first time I got out with my new pirate made by our own Walz. While it is springfeed and I used a 13 ci tank on it, I never shot more that 40 shots a game. I normally don't count, but a friend I used to play on a speedball team with did. I hadn't seen him in 5 years and he thought I was crazy for playing with a pirate againts g6r's, egos, geos, etc. In 6 games I went 14 eliminations to 3. Just a lucky day, but a fun one at that.

Oh and I suck compared to some local guys who are part of MCB. Those guys are just beasts.

I'm playing stock class/limited paint to have fun again. To enjoy playing. If you're finding it frustrating then don't do it or find a way to make it fun. Paintballs about getting better at something while having fun. At least that's what I want.

Wow long post. Also, you beautiful people. Please stop selling beautiful sc markers. My new wife will kill me. With an axe. I blame all of you if it happens.

Pics from said day. Notice the amount of big beautiful hoppers I was able to get some nice shots on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
Nope have never felt outgunned in the 14 years I have been playing especially stock class. My mini comp is up to help with car maintenance costs. If I don't have to sell it I won't, and in a week I will most likely close the thread.

It is the time of year. Tax returns allow people to spend a little on wants. Especially after Xmas.
My gun was up F/S because I have more than one SC gun and I needed money. Now that I am not needing cash, the gun is now back in my gear bag

But you are right Joe, Ive been eyeing the b/s/t and noticed the market flooded with sc guns, it makes me want to pick up another carter.

With my style of play, using an open class gun has very few advantages over a stock class gun. I think in a few years people will be looking at SC guns again when they break away from what "The Pro's" use. Using an openclass gun helps when I play on a team with semi players, I am able to hold down bunkers nearly as well as they can, which in turn can help my team win. When playing with other pump players I usually get into snap battles and don't need to shoot as much paint. ( I can also empty 10 rounds just as fast as I can on a sniper with no A/t )

WTB RTR Gargoyle

Last edited by tac0cat; 03-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.
tac0cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Tax season...Lots of people with refunds...

/endthread

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone