mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Slappadapink: Hey we have the same stalker vest and the paint I used today looks just like yours...

I agree with everything you posted. I was just out with my redux and I never feel outgunned. I was eliminated in the first game when I hit a guy dead in the chest but didn't see it break and he hid back behind his bunker. Thinking he was wiping (happens a lot to me when guys that don't see, or hear the shot) I yelled "You're out fool!". He proceeded to fire about 20 shots my way and hit me. I went over to him and he was standing there showing me his jersey and it was clean. I've been playing pistol and stock class for several years now, but I'll admit I felt the pucker factor when he aimed at me (I was laying in the prone position with no cover) and started shooting. I could have aimed while I shot back instead of blinding trying to get some shots off but haven't developed the ability to return accurate fire while getting hosed at yet, as I tend to be able to keep myself out of those situations. But like you said, it was my tactics that got me eliminated and not my gun. I didn't have a solid confirmation on the kill and revealed myself. He had a bunker and I didn't. I let my guard down and he didn't. If I had a mech semi or an electro he would have probably still won that battle.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I seem to have the same success with a SC marker as I do with any other. They only difference is how many rounds I shoot and how much fun I have. I'll still kill about 15 guys a day and get out a few times, but I'll use somewhere around 100 rounds a day vs. 1000-2000 playing mech or those few times I shot an electro. The short story is: I'm an average player with either type of gun.

Back on topic though... Don't let the "I'm out gunned" perception stop you from picking up one of the nice SC guns out there on the BST! Give it a chance and enjoy your lighter load out.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
all work

I'm going to recant. There are lots of low priced SC PMIs right now. Some nice Palmer's too. I've been phantom shopping though.

Phantom

Compared to BST asking prices I may as well buy new.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
I never felt out gunned while playing SC either, I just said when I try now I get frustrated. I found what works for me (S6). I just noticed some great prices on SC guns and my nostalgia almost made me pull the trigger and buy one.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Cool bro, my misunderstanding of your original post. Damn internet and the inability to read exactly what was meant.

Please for nostalgia's sake buy one of them. Or all of them. Save me from myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I never felt out gunned while playing SC either, I just said when I try now I get frustrated. I found what works for me (S6). I just noticed some great prices on SC guns and my nostalgia almost made me pull the trigger and buy one.

Jay
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I'm going to recant. There are lots of low priced SC PMIs right now. Some nice Palmer's too. I've been phantom shopping though.

Phantom

Compared to BST asking prices I may as well buy new.
I wouldn't take WWA's prices as a standing point. They've been having serious issues delivering as of late.

If you want their stuff, advice is to go strictly ebay, so you can at least put pressure on them if they sit on your order.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
You wish.

More like people into high-end SC are selling off stuff they don't use to fund new stuff before most of the US goes into outdoor play season.
That is what I figure. We are a bunch of gun whores, like it or not, and people tend to buy a bunch of stuff, whatever it is, that tickles our fancy (Mods: Is it possible to request to be banned from a certain subforum..) and then when we find that it is more of an impulse buy, and we don't use it as much as we would like, we sell it off, to fund other impulse buys.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Never owned a Carter...fighting the temptation.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
No class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
Never owned a Carter...fighting the temptation.

Jay
They really are very nice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
As bad as US gun laws are, thank God we can still shoot at RC planes with machineguns.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

Frankly, I don't feel outgunned when playing MSC except when I'm on the speedball field. That's when I bring out the 06 Black Magic OC pump.

I find that if anything, MSC is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun and lighthearted than playing with an electro is. In woodball or in a big game I can easily go toe-to-toe with other electro players. I just find that MSC is so much fun. I really don't get frustrated. Certainly, learning how to play MSC well was frustrating as it is a steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's a blast.
LibertyRadeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I'm only attempting to sell my carter because I am lonely without a sale thread. No PMs, nothing useful to post, so the occasional TTT makes me feel better.

I love stock class and probably will always play it in some form or another. I like being out gunned and usually you're the person everyone is looking for because they think you're good because you feel confident going out there with 50 rounds.

My best game last year was one balling a couple of guys who were mowing down rentals with their Ions on some sort of ramp. You thought I killed their dogs with fire.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone