mcarterbrown.com
 

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oh Hi Oh

CCM Fan
I like how these threads always get turned into

"Oh I'm so fantastic at stock class I can take on anyone"

Not trying to call out anyone or anything. Maybe I'm just cranky.

But there are indeed some fantastic deals to be had..I'm still tempted to buy stuff, but I'm purposely keeping my Paypal under a certain amount so I don't buy another gun. And no I won't say what that amount is just so no one points something out to me I might like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
Now that's something worth fundraising for, an MCB zombie defense fort. With indoor fields. And blackjack. And hookers.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
Dive Dive Dive
 
worrptangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Back in Da 808

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
I like how these threads always get turned into

"Oh I'm so fantastic at stock class I can take on anyone"

Not trying to call out anyone or anything. Maybe I'm just cranky.

But there are indeed some fantastic deals to be had..I'm still tempted to buy stuff, but I'm purposely keeping my Paypal under a certain amount so I don't buy another gun. And no I won't say what that amount is just so no one points something out to me I might like.
All it takes is one person saying "because they can't compete with all the paint spewing electros!" and it did first response. But it has stayed on topic for the most part. Seriously though it wouldn't be MCB if we didn't get off topic!!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I will lock this damned thread up if anyone posts that disgusting picture I saw once.
It like the CCM version of Two Girls One Cup.
I will ban folks.... I swear.
TF

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
worrptangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM
 
senghing27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have a R7. Why should I bother with anything else?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Senghing, you are the happiest paintballer ever.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Active Member
 
tac0cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SOCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
I like how these threads always get turned into

"Oh I'm so fantastic at stock class I can take on anyone"

Not trying to call out anyone or anything. Maybe I'm just cranky.

Not trying to call you out, just using your quote as a response.

Went to the field yesterday, I used my karnivor and then switched to my carter after I overshot someone in CQB. ( Not used to using a semi auto gun )

Once I switched over to my Carter I continued on the same kill streak that I had all day (3-5 kills a game). The carter felt much better in the tight quarters of rooms, but my karnivor (and my friends a/t snipers) did much better at the longer range kills because they were able to account for the inconstancies in paint and velocity.

When I hit the field, I look at the guns as different tools for different jobs, just as how they work into a rifle squad.

For the way that I play, (just trying to have fun) any gun will work, I just prefer an sc gun because of how light they are, and I like the balance without a hopper.

For the way that I see a lot of other people play, they don't like re loading as much as I don't like hoppers.

Its a win win for all of us, if you like sc guns you can get them for cheap now. If you dont, then you can buy a CCM! Im just happy that pump paintball has grown enough to where we have all of the options that we do.
__________________
aruuugah

WTB RTR Gargoyle
tac0cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
DashHopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec Canada

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Did you say classy and guns?
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Painthappy: I figured it would find it's own set of rules... really.... Not intended for people to post a place with porn links left and right...

But really a place where you can loosen your tie... We'll see what happens. I figure that with the right set of people to begin with, we could have a good forum.

Otherwise it could go right down the drain...

So we'll see.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #46 (permalink)
Eric
 
lechooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern California
Send a message via Skype™ to lechooch

After playing sc for 2 years or so, I realize that its just gimping yourself. The fact is you take 2 players of equal skill and give 1 an ego and the other a phantom, 9 times out of 10 the guy with the ego is going to win. Sc has a lot to do with showing that you "can" compete with the big guns from my experience.

I guess if people enjoy it then its all good.
__________________
Here are my current paintball activities:
Pirranah SB restoration:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...n-project.html
Comprehensive High end SC marker review/comparison:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...on-review.html
Youtube Chanel:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLechooch/videos
Feedbackhttp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lechooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Merc
 
JOESPUD27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Louis Area
Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I have a R7. Why should I bother with anything else?
Well, that's just no way to behave on MCB...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac0cat View Post
Went to the field yesterday, I used my karnivor and then switched to my carter after I overshot someone in CQB. ( Not used to using a semi auto gun )
The only times I've even been accused of overshooting, I was using my SC Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechooch View Post
After playing sc for 2 years or so, I realize that its just gimping yourself. The fact is you take 2 players of equal skill and give 1 an ego and the other a phantom, 9 times out of 10 the guy with the ego is going to win. Sc has a lot to do with showing that you "can" compete with the big guns from my experience.

I guess if people enjoy it then its all good.


Jay
__________________
Feedback

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Wraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by worrptangl View Post
All it takes is one person saying "because they can't compete with all the paint spewing electros!" and it did first response. But it has stayed on topic for the most part. Seriously though it wouldn't be MCB if we didn't get off topic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechooch View Post
After playing sc for 2 years or so, I realize that its just gimping yourself. The fact is you take 2 players of equal skill and give 1 an ego and the other a phantom, 9 times out of 10 the guy with the ego is going to win. Sc has a lot to do with showing that you "can" compete with the big guns from my experience.
Well, that escalated quickly.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
One Pump Chump
 
cirkle68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Poconos

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
My wife recently ok'd me to buy my first ccm or the dsg I have wanted for years now. For weeks I stalked the bst for one I liked.
In the end, I went with what I know and love. A Phantom. Freaked barrel pps stab rainman t grip uc kit walz stick feed ssc'd internals. Now just waiting for titus to get some parts in so I can get it all out for anno.
I have been playing since 8th grade and I turn 37 next month. I have gone through all of the phases of paintball, but always have a vsc Phantom by my side.
Lately I have been thinking about getting a Thunder pig again, which was the first maker I ever owned.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Sincera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

I think the rise of CCM's (and their relation to the pseudo arms race in pump paintball) and the downturn in the economy is the primary reason(s) for the amount of high end SC guns up for sale and the decreased value of other brands like PPS.
__________________
Formerly Got_Paint.
Sincera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC