mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Web sites ..... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/228403-web-sites.html)

KPCS 03-09-2013 10:09 PM

Web sites .....

As some of you may know, I have not had good luck with my web site.
Now with Facebook and forums like MCB or PBN and that, I guess the question is ...... Do I need a web site ??

Whats your thought on this ....

Ken W

pk5 03-09-2013 10:15 PM

I don't think you need a website, since you have your own section as long as you post all the other information in your section it would work just fine. Maybe facebook page to showcase your latest work, but website seem unnecessary. I think you should only develop a website if you are planning to sell a lot of stuff like Titus or Bacci.

Justus 03-09-2013 10:18 PM

Hobbyist, no.

Professional, yes.

Just think about your ideal clientele, and that should give you some answers.

FMPlayer 03-10-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 2649533)
Hobbyist, no.

Professional, yes.

Just think about your ideal clientele, and that should give you some answers.

My thoughts precisely.

richter 03-10-2013 11:40 PM

Ken,
Godaddy hosting and Wordpress
find a theme you like
add your content
add you pics
and you are done.

just my opinion though...

boo 03-10-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richter (Post 2650421)
Ken,
find a theme you like
add your content
add you pics
and you are done.

Personally I like siteground (Web Hosting Services by SiteGround), they don't try to sell you more crap every time you click something. Wordpress is nice, makes it easy to add gallery pictures and content.

I can do custom wordpress templates and a store with checkout through paypal if you need, always happy to trade web design for machined parts.

FormulaZR 03-11-2013 12:45 AM

For what this is worth - I do not, and will not do business with a company that uses Facebook as their only method of sales/advertisements. I'm not saying you do that...or that others share my opinion.

I prefer to have a website of some kind to look at. Also, a company that is a Vendor that sells/advertises on a legitimate site gets my business.

Brother Jerry 03-11-2013 09:25 AM

I agree with the statements in reference to if you are doing things as a hobby then you do not need one. But if you are attempting to be professional about it, then yes a website is a must. Even if that site is initially very simplistic and just has contact information on it. Having a website is peoples first avenue of contact....it used to be looking in the yellow pages, now it is seeing if they have website.

KPCS 03-11-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richter (Post 2650421)
Ken,
find a theme you like
add your content
add you pics
and you are done.

Yeah I have a domain name and all that and I can find free web site builders but the question is do I need one .....

Ken W

senghing27 03-11-2013 06:13 PM

Not really. I think you're good where you are at Ken!