mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I need your honest feedback

As most of you may or may not know, I work for Wayne's World of Paintball. One of our coveted teams lately brought up a suggestion to improve the field. If you have played at Waynes World in the last year, in your honest opinions, what improvements would you make to the field itself ?
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I can honestly say that since moving to FL just a couple of years ago, I have only played at WW once. I plan on going more, just this past year was not good and the previous year was playing at all the different fields around.

But honestly I think every couple of years if not more regularly, every part of the fields should change up some. Take down old buildings, put up new ones. Blaze new paths and move things around.

Fields get stagnant after a while and when you play on the same one time and time again, you get to know the "good" spots and the rec players are left wondering. Plus it keeps things fresh and different even for the regulars. If rec players wanted the same field all the time, they would play more tournaments where the snake is always in the same spot...

If I recall you have your staging area out front. Then the pro shop. Then behind that is the air and then another open area to get to the fields. Could that all be condensed down any to provide more field to play on? I know you all have a good sized field now, just wondering.

But changing things up I think is important and should be done periodically. And since you are pretty much locked up in that area with no room to expand, in order to provide something fresh for players, you have to change what you have.

On a different note....stop all the blinking text on the website...it is sooooo 1990's And it makes it difficult to read....
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
I can honestly say that since moving to FL just a couple of years ago, I have only played at WW once. I plan on going more, just this past year was not good and the previous year was playing at all the different fields around.

But honestly I think every couple of years if not more regularly, every part of the fields should change up some. Take down old buildings, put up new ones. Blaze new paths and move things around.

Fields get stagnant after a while and when you play on the same one time and time again, you get to know the "good" spots and the rec players are left wondering. Plus it keeps things fresh and different even for the regulars. If rec players wanted the same field all the time, they would play more tournaments where the snake is always in the same spot...

If I recall you have your staging area out front. Then the pro shop. Then behind that is the air and then another open area to get to the fields. Could that all be condensed down any to provide more field to play on? I know you all have a good sized field now, just wondering.

But changing things up I think is important and should be done periodically. And since you are pretty much locked up in that area with no room to expand, in order to provide something fresh for players, you have to change what you have.

On a different note....stop all the blinking text on the website...it is sooooo 1990's And it makes it difficult to read....
They would have to move the kennels. And then it wouldn't yield all that much playable area. It might relocate the standoff at the kennel corner to another structure.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
They would have to move the kennels. And then it wouldn't yield all that much playable area. It might relocate the standoff at the kennel corner to another structure.
Yeah I went back and was looking at a map I had....was coming to the same conclusion. That'll teach me to write from memory that is going bad from age and marriage
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Fan of EMR
Every year I used to think the field was lopsided to one side or the other resulting from a stomping. But thinking back on my record, and my teams record, it is probably about even. I always thought the north could use some more structures, compared to all of the houses in the "city". But I have seen great teams get spanked on both sides.

I also haven't been down since 2010, so I am not sure if any major changes have taken place.

You just need to keep changing things up so it doesn't get old. And I would love to see the pond be used. Well at least used for something other than hiding my props.

This would be nice but arguably the most difficult. Move the entire south HQ/base to an area by the power station. It is kind of unfair to have one base almost completely open and the other sitting in the corner.

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 03-12-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Harbinger[TG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Pond, what pond ?

We are currently adding a building to the north side of Village to give the North side players an equal advantage point during final battles. We added some smaller bunkers to the North side and dog trail last year. We are planning on adding some smaller buildings to the railway tower area as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
Pond, what pond ?

We are currently adding a building to the north side of Village to give the North side players an equal advantage point during final battles. We added some smaller bunkers to the North side and dog trail last year. We are planning on adding some smaller buildings to the railway tower area as well.
There used to be a pond on the south side by the train tracks a good bit before checkpoint charlie.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Probably

I never got to play there. I went to school in gainesville. We would always try to go on the free days, since a lot of friends didn't have gear. And even though I had enough guns, there were never enough tanks, motorized hoppers, or masks. But due to the nature of the school, it was almost impossible to get a group of people together for a certain day. Then we would wait again until next month or whenever it was offered again. And the same thing would repeat itself.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but that's my experience.
PlawB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlawB View Post
I never got to play there. I went to school in gainesville. We would always try to go on the free days, since a lot of friends didn't have gear. And even though I had enough guns, there were never enough tanks, motorized hoppers, or masks. But due to the nature of the school, it was almost impossible to get a group of people together for a certain day. Then we would wait again until next month or whenever it was offered again. And the same thing would repeat itself.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but that's my experience.
We don't rent motorized hoppers and tanks are first come, first served. As for masks, we have plenty (I dont have an exact count, but masks aren't something we run out of unless everything is out the door i.e. all 175 setups).

I was speaking of the fields condition, not your review of the field, but thanks anyway
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
There used to be a pond on the south side by the train tracks a good bit before checkpoint charlie.
I know of a puddle between sinkertown and check point charlie that never seems to dry up, lol, we refer to it as Lake Wayne. Ohh, and Boat Basin got submerged in 12' of water last spring, mosquito heaven...glad thats gone.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone