mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

You can't cheat as easy with on mech. No cheat modes on rof.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
You can't cheat as easy with on mech. No cheat modes on rof.
is it considered cheating, it it's allowed in the rules?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Those modes were originally created for the express purpose of cheating. Because the decided they couldn't control it they started to allow it .i don't give a damn what the rules for a tourney are. To me it's still a cheat. If you have to have a computer pull the trigger for you then you have no game.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Those modes were originally created for the express purpose of cheating. Because the decided they couldn't control it they started to allow it .i don't give a damn what the rules for a tourney are. To me it's still a cheat. If you have to have a computer pull the trigger for you then you have no game.
100% Agree. It's the reason I personally don't and never have owned a gun with a ramping mode. I hope to be making a mech only team once I recover to start playing local tournaments shooting Mags mostly.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sweeper

You can't actually do this. We got a penalty at one event because one of our players had his gun in semi, and not PSP ramping; even though his gun was at the correct ROF cap, it was not in the correct mode. The purpose of having a league-specific mode and a tourney lock is because the equipment restrictions are supposed to make the playing field level. If your gun cannot be capped, you cannot use it. If it's not in the correct mode, you cannot use it.

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
The purpose of having a league-specific mode and a tourney lock is because the equipment restrictions are supposed to make the playing field level.
The purpose is actually to sell new boards and markers every year.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
does it really matter if you are shooting 12.5 vs 15? I just cant see that being a big deal.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
You can't actually do this. We got a penalty at one event because one of our players had his gun in semi, and not PSP ramping; even though his gun was at the correct ROF cap, it was not in the correct mode. The purpose of having a league-specific mode and a tourney lock is because the equipment restrictions are supposed to make the playing field level. If your gun cannot be capped, you cannot use it. If it's not in the correct mode, you cannot use it.

Sounds like a stupid penalty. Not stupid as in you should have known better and not gotten it but more along the lines of wait what?! if the gun is at the correct ROF cap and it not in PSP ramping I honestly fail to see where a penalty should be applied. All PSP ramping does is stipulate that if the user maintains a set ROF on the trigger that marker will shoot 12.5bps period. If someone has a gun in semi that's capped at 12.5 and they can do it with their own fingers then who cares?! With that said I personally think ramping is for people with no skill ie it doesn't add any skill to the game it instead makes people rely on simply throwing ropes of paint and moving in between firing them.

If it were my choice I'd make the pro guys run semi only and make that ramping is only allowed in say D4-D1 then the semi pro and pro divisions are semi only. I figure if you can call yourself a pro at our sport you might as well have to prove it when you step out on the field with not only your team work but also how you fire your marker. Heck maybe I'll go one step further and say that semi is only allowed up to D1 and then semi pro and pro are pump only no A/T or pneu assist allowed. putting in those handicaps in the pro divisions would really showcase who the true pros are

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
The purpose is actually to sell new boards and markers every year.
What? There hasn't been a change in the league-specific fire mode in years. Even if the ROF cap changes, the mode itself doesn't change. When they did drop the ROF to 10 BPS a couple of years ago, everyone whose boards wouldn't go down 10 offered free flashing to make them tournament legal. A seven year old board has the same PSP ramping mode that one made this year does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
does it really matter if you are shooting 12.5 vs 15? I just cant see that being a big deal.
It makes a big difference. The purpose of having a leagure-specific fire mode and ROF cap is to make sure that everyone's equipment is subject to the same limitations. The question the OP is asking, though, is why aren't teams using mech guns that will shoot above the cap as a way to gain an advantage. However, this ignores the word itself. It's called a cap for a reason; you have to be able to cap the ROF on your gun to be able to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
If someone has a gun in semi that's capped at 12.5 and they can do it with their own fingers then who cares?! With that said I personally think ramping is for people with no skill ie it doesn't add any skill to the game it instead makes people rely on simply throwing ropes of paint and moving in between firing them.
Changing the fire mode absolutely changes the game, and it is true that the legacy of the sport is that ramping was introduced to control illegal fire modes, but at this point league-specific fire modes are just about making sure that everyone is playing within the same limitations. I agree that it's a fundamentally different game than pump or mech-only semi, but that doesn't mean there's any less skill involved. It just means that it emphasizes a different set of skills.

To stay on topic, the reason that you can emphasize other skills like aggressive, coordinated movements up the field, is because having an across the board standard for ROF and fire mode takes the emphasis off of these concerns and keeps it on the game itself.

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat

Last edited by SEKTape; 03-16-2013 at 12:10 PM.
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
I hope to be making a mech only team once I recover to start playing local tournaments shooting Mags mostly.
Hahahahaha, you serious?

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone