mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
You can't actually do this.
Yes, you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 PSP rulebook
5.3.6. A marker with any electronic components [47]
5.3.6.1. May fire no more than one paintball within any 80 millisecond period (12.5 bps) [48]

5.3.6.1.1. A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots within 15 milliseconds less than
the minimum shot interval will be assessed a minor suspension.
5.3.6.1.2. A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots within 10 milliseconds less than
the minimum shot interval will be assessed a gross penalty.
5.3.6.1.3. A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots within 5 milliseconds less than the
minimum shot interval will be assessed a major penalty.
5.3.6.1.4. A player on the field of play whose marker fires two shots within the minimum shot interval
[49] will be assessed a minor penalty.
5.3.6.2. May fire no more than three shots per press and release of the trigger, and no more than three
shots between presses of the trigger. [50] A player, who carries a marker onto the field of play that
fires more than three shots per press and release of the trigger, or more than three shots between two
presses of the trigger, will receive a gross penalty and a minor suspension.
5.3.6.3. May fire no more than one shot per press and release of the trigger unless
5.3.6.3.1. The trigger has been pressed and released four times, [51] and
5.3.6.3.2. The trigger has been pressed and released at least once per second since the first of the
four trigger pulls.
5.3.6.4. Any person who carries a marker onto the field of play that will fire more than one shot per
press and release of the trigger before the trigger has been pressed and released at least four times
after not having been fired for at least one second will receive a gross penalty and a minor
suspension.
5.3.7. A marker with no electronic components
5.3.7.1. May not fire more than one shot per press and release of the trigger, [52] and
5.3.7.2. May only fire a shot when the trigger is pressed, and
5.3.7.3. May not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position
without the use of tools. [53]
There is no reference to a ROF cap in the rules regarding mechanical guns. Electros have a ROF limit imposed. Notice the 5.3.6 and 5.3.7 designators to the individual rules, that is to differentiate the restrictions specific to electros with the 5.3.6 designator and mechs with the 5.3.7 designator (pumps are in 5.3.8, but not relevant).
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Do you actually expect PSP refs to know and uphold the rules? To be fair, they've always been decent on hardware but I've had my armband pulled over too much bullspit to put any faith in refs.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
There is no reference to a ROF cap in the rules regarding mechanical guns. Electros have a ROF limit imposed. Notice the 5.3.6 and 5.3.7 designators to the individual rules, that is to differentiate the restrictions specific to electros with the 5.3.6 designator and mechs with the 5.3.7 designator (pumps are in 5.3.8, but not relevant).
Perhaps that's arecent addition? I know I've been told that, to be legal, you have to be able to cap the ROF on the gun.

I stand by the initial point that the purpose of league-specific fire modes and ROF caps are designed to de-emphasize this very question. Teams shouldn't be looking to gain some sort of advantage by changing up their equipment. If the limitations are the same across the board, then developing individual playing skills become more important than getting some sort of "advantage" by increasing ROF. The real answer to the OP's question is that changing to shoot mechs would result in more negatives than positives.

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
Do you actually expect PSP refs to know and uphold the rules? To be fair, they've always been decent on hardware but I've had my armband pulled over too much bullspit to put any faith in refs.
I do expect at least the head ref to know most of the rules though lets be honest this is an obscure rule lower down than pad thickness which isn't enforced anymore truly.

Every team should have a rule book on them as well and expect to brig it to the head ref if they know they are planning on using a mech gun. It is on the team if they don't carry a rulebook with them to dispute calls.

I like the element that capped ramping brings to the psp. It takes trigger finger skills out of the game it also makes all lanes by all players consistent. It means that, in the lower divisions mostly, a guy who can do nothing but shoot a lot of paint from his left hand isn't an asset for the back left side of the field, that isn't strategy or paintball and that is the player that the ramp cap eliminates.

The only things that bother me playing is that I can't fake a weak left lane, by pulling with one finger until a guy bites and goes for a bump, then throwing a complete lane with two fingers. And I don't like the feeling of the gun shooting when I'm not pulling the trigger I have never gotten used to that

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber63 View Post
.. this seems pretty easy to hold a high rof with...
Yes, it only seems easy. Pneumatic triggers make it easier, but it's still quite difficult keeping a sustained high ROF. Much practice is required and the time wasted trying to exploit a loophole would be better off spent practicing playing paintball.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Can someone please explain specifically what this means?

Quote:
5.3.7.3. May not increase or decrease the force required to pull or hold the trigger to or at any position
without the use of tools.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Like a wheel to adjust trigger pull weight.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I think that would be the clause that disqualified RT markers.
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I think that would be the clause that disqualified RT markers.
Correct. RT = reactive trigger
Increased force on the return than on the pull.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Radical!

I'm cool with mech-only leagues. Let em have electro leagues w/ ramping & such & such. It exists, let it exist, can't turn back time... unless we suddenly lost the ability to harness electricity.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone