mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I think a move to semi would be awesome... BUT PAINT SALES WOULD PLUMMET!
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I think a move to semi would be awesome... BUT PAINT SALES WOULD PLUMMET!
Real semi or flailing on a microswitch semi?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Radical!

I think he means mech semi. I don't think paint sales would drop too much, a decent amount of mechs can still dump paint, just not at 12-15+. Wasn't psp at 10 bps for a year? I think they still sold just as much paint.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Real semi or flailing on a microswitch semi?
Real semi. It would bring more true skill to the game IMO.
I was at the field last weekend when people were prepping for PSP Dallas. You see the guys with xyz markers and it is the same formula.

Break, go to bunker, shoot (mostly by pulling the trigger with one finger mind you), reload, and repeat.

That bores the crap out of me.

Mech semi would force players to move instead of shooting volume, and the sheer mechanical semi would truly limit how much paint is in the air.

Just rough numbers.
Say a back guy usually burns 7 pods (7x140=980 paintballs) a game, but in mech semi shoots maybe 4 pods (4x140=560 paintballs) a game.

He plays 10 games or so for the ease of making a point. Normally would burn 9800 paintballs, roughly 5 cases of paint, but due to mech semi would only shoot 5600 paintballs, 3 cases of paint.

A team that usually buys 50 cases of paint, now only pays for 30 cases.
Just for giggles, say a case is $40 (humor me ok?), the $2000 paint bill just went to $1200.

Then again, do "pros" really pay for anything?
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Just rough numbers.
Say a back guy usually burns 7 pods (7x140=980 paintballs) a game, but in mech semi shoots maybe 4 pods (4x140=560 paintballs) a game.

He plays 10 games or so for the ease of making a point. Normally would burn 9800 paintballs, roughly 5 cases of paint, but due to mech semi would only shoot 5600 paintballs, 3 cases of paint.

A team that usually buys 50 cases of paint, now only pays for 30 cases.
Just for giggles, say a case is $40 (humor me ok?), the $2000 paint bill just went to $1200.

Then again, do "pros" really pay for anything?
If this holds true, then wouldn't it be possible for more teams to be able to afford to compete, bringing the total paint spent on the event back up to prior levels?

Of course that would increase the amount of time needed to run the event and could increase cost to the organizers in other areas.

One thing I noticed from recently watching videos of mid to late 90s paintball tournaments was that people were still carrying a crap load of paint on themselves and shooting a lot. The game times were typically longer but the players per team (and field sizes) were higher too.

I don't have any hard numbers for that time period as I never played professionally back then (or now), but I'm curious as to what the team paint consumption rates were back then and how they related to the relationship between team size and average lengths of the games.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Or someone sets off an emp...
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
They lowered rof and more teams made big break outs. Then sat and shot from their bunkers. Raise it an every body doses off break

Make it semi and every one adds trigger bounce.

Capped ramp/semi is most reff able rof

I loved psp 10 but majority of players didn't because they couldn't hit people off the break

And psp sells to majority

12.5 isn't bad.

Also pros won't shoot mechs because they arnt flagship markers

Dye teams shoot dm13
Dlx. Luxe
Eclipse. Geo3 lv1
Empire. Axe ( was last years top model) impulse (1,000$ high end) and vanquish (top of line shocker)

Unless 1500$ autocockers comeback or mags
But a cocker is disadvantaged. Closed bolt (roll outs) exposed parts. Old. Not user friendly ( timing sucks)

I still choose a mech ccm or ccm pump when I play
But if I was paying to play and win I'd shoot a space gun just to have every advantage possible twords winning
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Diving into the snake with an autococker has always been a butt-puckering moment.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
You can't actually do this. We got a penalty at one event because one of our players had his gun in semi, and not PSP ramping; even though his gun was at the correct ROF cap, it was not in the correct mode. The purpose of having a league-specific mode and a tourney lock is because the equipment restrictions are supposed to make the playing field level. If your gun cannot be capped, you cannot use it. If it's not in the correct mode, you cannot use it.
That is wrong. I ran with semi at psp before. most refs can't tell if you are on semi or ramping. They only pull you for rof problems. My guess that you teammate had a higher rof set for eyes off and he changed to eyes off 1/2 way into the match ausing a higher rof

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
Hahahahaha, you serious?
Yes I think it could be fun. I less about winning and more bout just having a blast. And much like playing pump I'd think winning with a team all shooting mechs would offer more of a feeling of reward than being the same as every other team out there. And that to me is fun.

Personally I play mostly pump and rarely find myself feeling out gunned. So I think at a local beginner level myself and friends could manage ok shooting mech semi. But that's kinda all dependant on how well my leg heals up or if I have two legs for that matter still after all said and done (have a BAD bone infection due to a open compound fracture incurred in sep).

I'm not talking high level play though just some begginer tournaments to see if I really wanna go that route again.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone