mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have a team mate that uses these. They are fun to scare newbs out from behind a bunker but are way more of a novelty then anything else.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

seems pretty wasteful. Fields have a hard enough time with broken pods everywhere.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
seems pretty wasteful. Fields have a hard enough time with broken pods everywhere.
Since the player has to retrieve it to get the core its easy enough for the player to toss the little plastic bottle in the trash in the deadzone
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Would be nice if that was some sort of biodegradable shell though... Cause Kmak was right there is always tubes and pods laying around and if the people are too lazy to pick up their pods to toss them, then they will only pick up what is needed and leave the rest.

I like the idea though.
Brother Jerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Maybe I'm missing something.... since when is it ever a good idea (from a field owners perspective) to allow anything that produces unanticipated projectiles? Also, anyone have any experience of the 12 gram capsule being sheared or deformed in anyway?

PS. 140db is loud enough to cause temporary hearing loss (at LEAST)
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Since the player has to retrieve it to get the core its easy enough for the player to toss the little plastic bottle in the trash in the deadzone

It is pretty easy to put used 12 grams in your pocket to discard later, yet I am the only sc player I know that does this. It is easy to put empty pods in your pack. The shell is not necessarily near the core either.

Never understimate the power of human laziness.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Guys keep in mind that anything you put inside is going to reduce the available volume for the gas to use and would shorten the time before it goes boom. Alittle powder might work but since these things usually blow at the seam I don't think paint would work well.

As for exploding projectiles, we has exploding paint grenades years ago and the were fine.

As for bio degradable, whatever. I can't afford to leave pods on the field and since this thing is not easily set on the field you will be carrying the spent shell back to the dead zone.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post

As for exploding projectiles, we has exploding paint grenades years ago and the were fine.

Those where the same years when we were using shop goggles for eye protection... Insurance companies are not so willing to gamble with player safety any longer. Honestly, I find this thing to be a novel idea, but useless.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

I actually had a pair or Scott's Intruders when we used them. It just splattered the area with paint goo. Not like it was throwing pellets everywhere. And yeah. These are neat but are more useful for training than actual play, though I will use a few when paintball central gets their urban field complete, just to scare some kids alittle.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post
Those where the same years when we were using shop goggles for eye protection... Insurance companies are not so willing to gamble with player safety any longer. Honestly, I find this thing to be a novel idea, but useless.
I agree with Interceptor. I had my JT Whipper Snappers with added ear protection when I first came across the M-69/A2 exploding paint grenades (by Strange Ordnance). There was nothing significantly unsafe about them. I resorted to buying them and using them after a Tippmann Squadbuster failed me at a critical time. I didn't have any problems and nobody complained. This was at Paintball Jungle (CA) in 1995.

Basically you pulled a cord that friction lit a fuse. The fuse was connected to a charge about the same class as a Ladyfinger firecracker (you know the ones sold in flat packs with all the fuses tied together and usually lit together for the pop-pop-pop... effect). This charge was surrounded by a donut shaped plastic bag (plastic like a sandwich wrapper) which was filled with a very thick yellow paint (paste-like) and, the bag was surrounded by cardboard (similar to a paper towel roll spool). It had cardboard end-caps. Even with the firecracker charge, it exploded due to the principle of overpressure.

No burn damage as the charge was very small and the materials were all lightweight and high drag (cardboard fragments) so they wouldn't travel far or fast. The worst thing that could happen would be one going off next to your head and it could make your ears ring a bit (I suspect someone shooting a blowback semi with an unported barrel and loudener tip, indoors will produce a much worse effect).

The nice thing is that the paint was thick enough, that if it hit you, you'd most likely feel it. The noise and the smoke allowed for a ref to quickly realize one had been thrown and know who to check out for hits.

It didn't get pulled from the market due to safety concerns. It failed because of difficulties in selling / shipping them (you can't use the post office, UPS, etc).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone