mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacgodwin View Post
Quick rant here. Its a crazy idea but i thought this was a classic marker forum. 9 out of 10 threads started have to do with very modern equipment. the bst is full of very modern equipment, with the exception of one. The supposed rare and old guns thread. even here it is full of modern high end electros. expensive sure, but i dont care at all. im not a die hard wood and brass guy, but im sure they can feel my pain.what interests me is guns and gear like 10-20 years old and i while this is still the best place to find it but im tired of weeding through 300 posts to find one i care about or would contribute to. SO please someone, start a new MCB and lets keep the whole forum on topic.

MCB sold out back in 2006

it's kind-of like pbn now.

Last edited by Brassballs; 03-18-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Quick rant here. Its a crazy idea but i thought this was a classic marker forum. 9 out of 10 threads started have to do with very modern equipment. the bst is full of very modern equipment, with the exception of one. The supposed rare and old guns thread. even here it is full of modern high end electros. expensive sure, but i dont care at all. im not a die hard wood and brass guy, but im sure they can feel my pain.what interests me is guns and gear like 10-20 years old and i while this is still the best place to find it but im tired of weeding through 300 posts to find one i care about or would contribute to. SO please someone, start a new MCB and lets keep the whole forum on topic.
Time may be playing tricks on you, not that many electros in the rare section (at best 1-2 per page), and the ones that are, are pretty close or surpass your 10 age condition or are rare.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Terminus Est

correct me if i am wrong and of course this is not an absolute, but i noticed the old fogies like the newer electros and pistols etc and the younger guys like the dusty old scrap metal guns

is this just natures way of balance?
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:

This is the place for classic markers and anybody that has a classic marker, wants a classic marker, is interested in classic markers, or wants to discuss classic markers migrates here. If you want to buy a classic post up a WTB thread and you will get an offer. If you want to sell a classic post it up and you stand a better chance of finding a buyer here than anywhere. If you have a technical question or are trying to find parts for your classic marker you will find no better support than on MCB. If all you have is a question on a manufacturers history or even how many different anodizing schemes a marker came in you can find your answer. As much as most of like and appreciate vintage gear that doesn't mean that it rules all of our interests all the time just like a guy can like and appreciate cars from the 1930s but that doesn't mean he uses one as his daily driver.

Besides MCB is about more than gear it's also a group of very laid back and welcoming players and if you ever get a chance for a meet up you'll see that while all the gear may not be retro the games are about the most relaxed and fun you will ever play.

*this message was in no way funded or endorsed by mcarterbrown.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULL View Post
correct me if i am wrong and of course this is not an absolute, but i noticed the old fogies like the newer electros and pistols etc and the younger guys like the dusty old scrap metal guns

is this just natures way of balance?
Young guys have more time to tinker and mess around getting old gear to work or compensating for how it sucks. Older guys just want their stuff to work when they need it to. As fun as older markers are new markers have the advantage of decades of technical improvements to build on. The old stuff has the nostalgia factor and I love picking up a marker I could only have dreamed of owning when I was a broke kid or even one that I owned when I was younger but nowadays a $130 Spyder will blow most of the old stuff right out of the water. It's just how it is.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Terminus Est

I guess thats the best part, those guns give you a head start..

If you are among the very young at heart
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Christian Baller

CCM Fan
Quote:
Can't people just appreciate every style of play? It would make it a lot easier on everyone...
AnimalX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalX View Post
Can't people just appreciate every style of play? It would make it a lot easier on everyone...
Well, I can't -appreciate- them all, but whatever floats someone's boat is cool with me. Just to tell me I have to play it.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have an arsenal of guns, and they are all 15-25 years old. We all like old guns for a variety of reasons.

For me, I started playing in 1987, but I really became obsessed with paintball in the early 90s. I didn't like how paintball evolved in the later 90s. So I collect and use guns solely from my personal "golden age".

But I think this is a minority view. Most members probobly love modern paintball, but have an appreciation for the old days. (even if they did not play back then). So it adds to a variety of ways they can play the game, using all sorts of technologies and equipment.

Truth is, I don't post much anymore much for the same reasons as the OP posted. Most threads today are about modern equipment. Something that doesnt interest me, nor would I even be qualified to make a post. Granted, I consider "modern" to anything made 1996 or later, which I realize is a fairly wide group, since that encompasses 50% of the entire life of paintball

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

The old markers BST is everything up to 1995. Our mechanical section is quality and has a lot of older markers and is not cluttered with Tippmann and Kingman products like it is on pbn.

Become a member, that $10 annual membership saves me so much money. Many items in there are only listed in the members BST and not for the rest of MCB. Also, there is a generous discount on items in there for being green. Not to mention access to a whole new section of the forums.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
There is not a single electro on in the Rare and Old BST. I don't even have to look at it before posting this to know that.

And no one ever said this was a "Classic Marker forum". It's supposed to be a chill, laid back paintball forum with less of the agglet shennanigans than some of the other major forums.

Edit- Ok, ya got me, there are two. But they're still a decade old and fairly rare so not completely out of place. Just because you're into Model A's doesn't mean that a Shelby GT350 isn't also an old and rare car.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone