mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

we got your back
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
If you check his sig it has a pic and it looks straight to me
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Barned

Wow, some people are just completely despicable scum. Report him, LINK back to the original thread and the current one, maybe take a picture of the threads in case he tries to delete it. See if you can alert this to the admins.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I appreciate the backup guys. I didn't expect such a strong response. I was hoping just to make sure the buyers saw my initial sale thread, but it looks like his new thread informs the buyers well enough. He found this thread and expressed his feelings to me about I guess might be called calling in the cavalry.

Next time I will be more tactful I think, but at least no one else had to get the short end of the stick on this gun.

PSA: Please don't use photobucket to post images. When you go through one of the older picture threads and find a lot of dead photo links, it is because of photobucket. They limit the amount of bandwidth your free subscription pictures can use, and then make the photo unviewable. Please use imgur.com or another free image host that does not ruin picture threads.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanied View Post
Someone should contact PE and see if the techs say if it is safe for a frame to be bent back or if it should be replaced. I am not really concerned with what he is trying to sell it for I just don't want to see someone hurt b/c hes an asshat.
No one is going to get hurt because of a weak trigger frame, otherwise PE wouldn't make frames like this and then write them off when they bend all the time.

When someone designs a device to fail in order to protect a more important component, the component that fails is a disposable one. No company would design a gun to fail at the trigger frame, damaging an expensive piece of machined aluminum and potentially an expensive circuit board. If a point of failure was going to be designed, it would be at the Rail itself, or the bolts, or something else readily replaceable that would protect the player and the gun from damage.

When PE says the design of the frame was "intentional" they mean that they found the frames to be lacking in strength, and decided that it was cheaper to replace frames than to make them equally light weight, and also strong. It is just a lot easier to machine a flat piece like a trigger frame with the tooling perpendicular to the frame than to actually hollow out portions which would reduce weight and maintain strength. I find it ironic that they offer the strongest rail mount system of any manufacturer (or so they claim) and the weakest frame. Exactly the opposite of a desirable combination.

About the frame on this particular SL94, it was barely bent. Just enough to be wrong forever.

Someone was asking for photos of the gun before the seller had it, my PBN thread which I linked to in the original post of this thread has many photos of the damage.

Again, the buyer is now being up front about the damage, so its fine. I hope he is more honest in the future but I don't wish him any ill will.

The original seller, the guy I bought the gun from, is FreshlyCutLawn on this thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...406&highlight= he now accuses me of damaging the gun myself and trying to hawk it off on him. My only response to Mods is that if I wanted to screw someone over I would have just sold it with a dishonest description rather than making it public knowledge that the gun was damaged in the negative feedback I posted for the seller.

Its all good, guys.

PSA: Please don't use photobucket to post images. When you go through one of the older picture threads and find a lot of dead photo links, it is because of photobucket. They limit the amount of bandwidth your free subscription pictures can use, and then make the photo unviewable. Please use imgur.com or another free image host that does not ruin picture threads.

Last edited by Cunha; 03-19-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
EMT's

I think he is starting to get annoyed..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #27 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
He doesn't seem annoyed at all.....

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
Old 03-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

This thread is extremely PBN and should be closed IMO.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
This thread is extremely PBN and should be closed IMO.
you must be the seller
Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

I like when he says

"I've fixed it to the best of my ability."

I've also heard of people "modding to the best of their ability"....which usually involves a dremel and a hacked body.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone