mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
i get burnt out....

i take a week or two off
i build a new gun (for me)
i take a personal day to relax

saldy... i feel one comin up, and bam i have the poormans luxe and pump angel

gotta make it fun, interesting or challenging
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance16 View Post
It's starting to warm up which is nice. It might be my depression that's getting to me really.

I appreciate all the advice and to try new things. the funny thing is, stock class is my normal form of playing so doing that isn't going to be the change I need

I might just need to take a break till Super Game, I just don't like to see my brother play alone since I think I'm one of the reasons he started playing again.

I guess I just need to give it time.
well if you typically play stock go borrow an electro setup hang back sling paint its not something you want to do every week but it sure can be fun to throw 2000 balls thru the air in a couple hours. Maybe some speedball. try not going out there with people you know. Sometimes its fun to just show up at a new field where you dont know anyone. I like doing that every once in a while its like your a newbie again running around not knowing where all the best spots are.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I almost burned myself outta paintball. But then I met the mcb SoCal crew. Since then I've tried different fields, different play styles. Wanna think a lot on the field? Bolt action. That's where it's at for me. Other than that the group has made it enjoyable for me. The comeraderie breathed a new life into my view of the sport.

I can't say I'm burnt out of the sport but sometimes I like having nothing to do with paintball. Ill take a day off work to go do other things I like. At work we call them "mental health" days. Sometimes you really gotta pull back and sit, chill, or otherwise do something else that you enjoy that can be done easily instead of a sport that will occasionally test you physically.

Different levels of mental stress can cause physical fatigue both on you body and mind. Maybe it seems like you're overloaded with the subject? Take a break I say there's plenty to smile about elsewhere. Just come back to us

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.™
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
I started playing paintball in 1988, and did my best to play almost every weekend I could afford it for the next 2 years. I'd played so much that I "retired" in 90-91, due to feeling burnt out.

I took a 22 year break and started playing again after visiting this forum rekindled my passion and took hold of my finances. I hope to continue playing until I grow so old I cannot walk and have to wear depends adult briefs.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

step back, take a breath and remember why you play. if that rest goe a week a month a year, it doesn't matter. don't sell, because that's a stupid thing. you got your equipment for a reason. if you are leaving or wanting ust one gun or type, then do the purge, but take a breather. remember what was fun for you in paintball and go find that.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
pump snob

op: as others have said - take a break dude. once the "itch" return then go scratch it.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I try to challenge myself by playing pump or pistol play. I also try to play the field a little different each time making different runs working different bunkers.
X2

Playing pump adds awhole New dynamic to the way u play.

Nate

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Everyone here has posted some great input.

I'll just say you're not alone. I started playing 13 years ago and played on average 60-70 times a year (including practices) for about 6 years. Then life hit me and I started feeling burnt out and one day just quit. Sold all my gear except a custom made PPS pug. Took a 5 year hiatus.

Last September a friend invited me out to play "oldschool" again. I went out for a pseudo bachelor party as I was getting married shortly and ended up playing with some awesome guys here from MCB. It literally changed the way I saw paintball and I had this epiphany. PAINTBALL = FUN.

I started getting some gear together and now when I go out and play it's simply to have fun. No more tournaments or practices, yelling in the pits and worrying about standings. I think that's what tired me out 5 years ago.

Maybe for you it's different, but I know that 5 year break let me come back to the sport with a new perspective that has me feeling better than ever. This year I'm on pace to play every weekend but it doesn't feel like an effort. Every time I play I have a ton of fun and then take a few days off. By day 3 the itch is starting again and I can't wait to play. Maybe I'll take a month off, but who knows. While I'm having fun I'm going to keep going.

If you do take time off just know this; it's like riding a bike. The skills don't go away. They might be a little rusty but you won't be running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Do what you have to do bro. Good news is MCB will be here when you get back. (if you read all of that... thank you lol)
Feedback
Slappadapink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Going on my 31st year in the sport and here's what works for me.

PB isn't my only hobby.
Have another interest in the pipe. Surfing, fishing, snowboarding, biking, works for me.
When I take a break it's to do one of those for a weekend or two.
I keep the stoke going by playing as many different fields as I can.
Playing with a new group of players helps too.

I see downsizing your gear as a mistake. There's always remorse.
My gear is too customized to my liking and it'd be too hard to replace.

You got to mix it up a little.
Play all left-handed
Go for gog hits only
Go for loader smacks only

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Six Point Five

I know the winter months burn me out. So this year im changing over to 12grams and stick feeders. New year.. new challenges

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone