mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Grab some surplus store camo, Go to a different field play as a walk on rental. Watch the new guys in the sport and see why they like it.

I call that my getting back to the roots day. Usually good for a recharge. Of course if it does nto do it for you clean and lube your marker and put it away until the urge does strike you again. Forcing yourself to have fun it never going to work.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
this year i simply didnt feel like playing during the cold winter months. i played maybe 2-3 times from november through now. spent a lot of time just thinking about my setup, making a little bit of new gear. also started playing indoor soccer, which has been great. now that warm weather is right around the corner, i'm really excited to get back on the field. a couple of new gadgets and some time away, and im ready to roll!

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
RUN IT ON LIQUID!!!

You guys are great. Maybe I need to take a weekend to go fishing, I've been feeling that itch lately.

Next time I go play I'll just take my PMI and rock that the whole time. Nothing like a little brass to help a mood.

MCB Feedback
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I hit burnout as well. I haven't played in 3+ years. Still don't have the desire.

But I still have my babies. I cleaned, lubricated and packed them away. Like someone posted above, don't sell your specialized gear--guns with a lot of time, money and/or love put into them. If the desire hits me, I can take them out, check them over and use them.

How great is MCB? I keep reading posts in a forum dedicated to a game I haven't played in three years. MCB is THAT great!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

I started bass fishing last year and it seems like the new hobby has taken over. I am not as anxious to drive 50 mins to the nearest field when the fishing hole is only 5 mins down the street. And at least for the moment, fishing is much cheaper....and less to clean at the end of the day. I am not going to give up and sell my gear, but pb has definitely taken a back seat. I would never have predicted saying that 3 years ago. But hey, things change, and you got to roll with it. I am going to get out and play pb again hopefully next month. I do miss shooting my markers.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
RUN IT ON LIQUID!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
I started bass fishing last year and it seems like the new hobby has taken over. I am not as anxious to drive 50 mins to the nearest field when the fishing hole is only 5 mins down the street. And at least for the moment, fishing is much cheaper....and less to clean at the end of the day. I am not going to give up and sell my gear, but pb has definitely taken a back seat. I would never have predicted saying that 3 years ago. But hey, things change, and you got to roll with it. I am going to get out and play pb again hopefully next month. I do miss shooting my markers.

You sir suck. I took up bass fishing last year as well but no fishing is 5 minutes from me, if it was I would be down there all the time. It doesn't matter if I'm going fishing or playing pb, I still have a 20 min drive either way. And I'm sure your bass fishing out there is a lot better than mine out here in the west.

MCB Feedback
resistance16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quit for a year then come back, you'll be fine.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've had times where I've hung up my gear for a year or 2. Then I get a chance to play again and I get the bug. Even if I only get to play a few times a season with being a single dad I'll never ever completely quit.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
12 lbs seldge can fix it!

Send a message via Yahoo to capt_cupcakes

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
last year I kinda felt the same. burnt out. it was the same people same game. same style. I then stopped playing tournaments and sold my electros and picked up pump play a lot more and tinkering and collecting nice markers. now with in this year my dad bought into the local field and im doing all the work that my dad would do as part owner. So I don't play often but when I do play it reminds me of why I deal with the pain of help run the local field and feeds that fire inside me that much more

here I am today with 12 markers.. and I play maybe once every other month.. lol..
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Bit of PB Wisdom "If it ends in '-ocker' and it is working; leave it the hell alone"
capt_cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
I can't say this gingerly, or put it any other way... Paintball isn't your wife, child, or family member. You aren't married to it, and don't "Owe" it to the sport to keep playing. I see a post similar to this far too frequently. Paintball is a recreational activity, not an entire lifestyle. If it has become a lifestyle, or you feel it to be an obligation, you owe it to yourself to get out now, and find something you DO enjoy doing. I played competitively from 94-2002, and got to the point where I hated it. I stepped out for a few years, and came back with fresh perspective. I only play rec/scenario ball now, and am much happier. Your time will be better served doing something you love. Best wishes, and Namaste'.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone