mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Now I wouldn't say they suck. Their are so many different brands out their that some cheaper models will suck, other's not so much.

Valkens aren't bad, customers of mine seem very happy with them, APPs as well, don't bleed either.

But to each their own.

My XL APP full fingers have lasted me 7 years now and are just now starting to give out.
My full finger APPs are 5 days in and are splitting at the finger tips.

I have never had a set of gloves last for more than a season, and quite often it falls rather short of that. Maybe I am just hard on them.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
these = dope

Amazon.com: Men's Italian Cashmere Lined Lambskin Gloves with Belt Size 10 Color BRN By Fratelli Orsini (CC3239): Clothing
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by esseprometheus View Post
A buddy of mine swears by his pair of Oakley Tactical Gloves, with carbon fiber knuckles.
http://sgcusa.com/media/catalog/prod...an_A.large.jpg
I use those. My hands are decent sized so the carbon fiber part doesn't quite cap my knuckles all the way. However, they are comfortable, decently warm, and provide excellent knuckle protection.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
My full finger APPs are 5 days in and are splitting at the finger tips.

I have never had a set of gloves last for more than a season, and quite often it falls rather short of that. Maybe I am just hard on them.
I had that happen to me and the folks at APP had me go up a size to XL from L. I've only had a few outings with them since getting them, so time will tell. That could be your problem.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I have been pleased with my full finger Valken Sierra gloves thus far. I have a pair of unpadded Mechanix gloves in camo that I also am fond of but they haven't been holding up all that well.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Blackstar Pull2? gloves. Teammate had a set, swore by them. When he finally needed another pair, I picked some up too. Best gloves I've ever worn for paintball. Got them for $40 a pair, at HB one year.
Blackstar Paintball Gloves

Mecanix gloves are sweet too

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

I've had problems with the durability using Mechanix. The palms just don't hold up to pump play very well. Anyone know of something similar with durable palms?
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Those mechanix look good, but they would be hot in the summer... And the cost... ouch.

I'm seriously considering having some gloves made... Back when I was riding bikes all the time, I had these gloves with wrist wraps, and those things saved my wrists more times than I can count! And I have found when carrying a marker, I seem to fall on my left wrist way too much, as I hold my gun in my right hand, and my left wrist takes the brunt of my falls.

If you could design a glove from scratch, what would you look for?

Me, I would want a wrist wrap so I could run it tight like my boots to give my wrists some added protection when I fall. I would then want camo obviously... And protected knuckles as getting shot in the knuckle without padding is no fun, been there done that.

They would have to be full fingers for me, as I often find myself in a sticker bush by mistake! And grabbing a branch full of thorns would be so much more pleasant if my fingers were protected.

And they would have to be cheap. As I am a tightwad, so they would need to cost $20 to $25...

Oh and you would have to be able to throw them in the washing machine without worrying about them tearing up.
$40 for a pair of gloves...

I can't justify spending $40 or more on gloves. So I have a connection with a glove manufacturer, and I can get custom gloves made. What would you want in a pair of gloves for paintball.

1. price point (me personally, I would only want to pay $20-25)

2. wrist wrap (to protect your wrists when falling. I had an old pair of leather skate gloves when I was riding BMX that were awesome in this regard and they saved my wrists many times over the years when I fell.

3. made from what?

4. double stitched, and finger guards

5. no palm padding

6. camo

7. grippy rubber on hands

8. fabric on back to wipe lens clean when playing if you get hit in the face

What do you guys think? What would you want in a glove if I could get it designed and custom made?
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
$40 for a pair of gloves that has now lasted me two seasons and the only thing wrong with them is the rubber on the fingers have started to peal...

Machine washed all the time.

I can't justify spending $15 per season on crappy gloves over and over and over again...
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone