mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Cheap cost doesn't mean low quality... If it isn't a good pair of gloves that will last, it won't fit what I am looking for.

Like I said, I am using the same pair of gloves that I started with 7 years ago, they are worn out now, but I expect anything that I would produce to last better than these did.

I wear rocky boots, they retail for $200. I got my pair for $70... I want something that would retail for $50 but would cost me $20-25...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
I've had problems with the durability using Mechanix. The palms just don't hold up to pump play very well. Anyone know of something similar with durable palms?
I think you're going to have this problem with any glove that has Clarino palms. On guns where I had to use thumb screws for disassembly, I'd go through gloves after about 4-6 days of play, invariably cutting/tearing through the clarino at the index finger and thumb. I've since switched to a gun that doesn't use thumb screws and my gloves last a lot longer.

I'm a fan of the basic Mechanix gloves- their inexpensive, last a long time and I don't get shot in the fingers from close range so the thin knuckle coverage is fine.

I did score some of the 2013 Empire BT EBT Operator gloves as a Christmas gift.

They're very snug fitting but not too tight and they're kinda like cheapo Oakley gloves in that instead of the kevlar knuckles, they have molded nylon fabric. A lot of the rubber trim is just glued on though, like most paintball gloves. The dots on the wrist (designed to help pull the glove on), came off before I even got the gloves on. I may wear these next winter, or if I should find myself doing CQB or such.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I wear a pair of Angel Arabis gloves when it is cold out.

Angel Arabis

When it is warm I don't usually wear gloves.

FOR SALE
BLachance75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

i believe Mechanix makes a hot weather version of their Original glove. Its just the same thing, but with lots of little holes.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

1. price point (me personally, I would only want to pay $20-25)

2. wrist wrap (to protect your wrists when falling. I had an old pair of leather skate gloves when I was riding BMX that were awesome in this regard and they saved my wrists many times over the years when I fell.

3. made from what?

4. double stitched, and finger guards

5. no palm padding

6. camo

7. grippy rubber on hands

8. fabric on back to wipe lens clean when playing if you get hit in the face

What do you guys think? What would you want in a glove if I could get it designed and custom made?
ideally? grippy palm side rubber and leather/pleather two tone black grey colors to blend in all environments. breathing holes and shaped rubber padding on the back side. heck maybe even open the whole back palm. wrist wrap not for protection but just to secure the gloves with easy putting on and off. no wiping fabric, those never worked anyway save your money on production. same price point as yours, 30 max or else i just buy another pair of bmx ones, they pretty much fit the bill.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I use Mechanix gloves at my job, and they work great. They are comfortable, easy to move in, and offer great protection. The only problem is that they don't last. Maybe in paintball, where they won't get used as heavily, they will work better. But in my experience they are just not durable. I'll try to post up pics here soon to explain what I mean.
PREDATOR 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I've ran a set of PCS tactical gloves for a couple years now. Only thing that's happened is the stitching holding the velcro tab on one glove came loose so it's only held on by about half the stitching now but still works fine. comfy and work great. cost me all of I think $10 at my local pro shop. I also have 2 sets of JT fingerless gloves but I only wear them for electro play since I can't walk a trigger with full finger gloves worth a darn. With that said I have only played electro once in the last 2 years so it's a moot point.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Sorry to revive a month old thread but I found my old Fox mountain biking gloves in the garage today and they are perfect for paintball. I have a pair of Mechanix M-pact gloves but I find the padding on the trigger finger too thick and I didn't have the heart to cut them. The fox ones feel great and are nice and thin on the pads of the fingers.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Vagabond

Anyone have any experience with Camelbak products? I'm looking into picking up a pair of these after I run these ****ty Empire gloves into the ground. It seems all Camelbak gloves come with a two year warranty, as well. Avoid these Empire ones if you were even considering them.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Nerd

I actually just ordered a new pair of Mechanix that are supposed to be more durable. We'll see if they actually are, but I like the set I have, they lasted about two years, and they're about the same price. So we'll see.

Cheaper on ebay, only cost $31 and change.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, etc. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone