mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

I might be interested in looking into it if the guns almost weren't universally poor quality POS. Airsoft still seems like paintball-lite to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
...airsoft is taking over my local paintball scene. I was in the local shop yesterday picking up a freak insert and I'd say 75% of the marker wall is airsoft guns. And they make an announcement a few days ago on how they are going to be pushing airsoft 10x more this year. Looks like it's time to look for an outlaw ball field.
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
I have a buddy here who started a field. He can only stay in business by hosting both airsoft and paintball. As for me, I'm too pretty to get bb's lodged in my body.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
And if they're hitting hard targets, there are good chances it may chip and fragment
When airsoft bb's hit a hard target they deform. Cant run them through anything high end.

The cheap clear plastic ones dont matter as much lol.

At our field we will have airsoft on saturdays now. I used to play but honestly I aint going out and buying a new gun to play. Been there, done that. I'll stick with paintball.
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Our former sponser store has switched almost entirely to airsoft,its a surplus store and its near old Army base housing that AS people play at so it makes sense,they wont allow PB at the base anymore because of city ordinance and mess
We have a few players that do both,I tried it and wasnt impressed with the equiptment,even the higher end guns(p90 Maryu?) and very inacurate and range was alot less than expected,even less than low end paintball guns,players were cool and like minded to PB players though,they are really into realism and use period correct uniforms and weapons for their scenarios
I can see the draw for some people,you can buy AS and ammo at the flea market and play in your backyard,not for me,guns sound like toys with no kick or satifying splat of a confirmed hit
I dont see AS replacing PB,seems most PB players are more dedicated to the sport,the two can coexist even on the same field
One good think AS has done for PB,markers can be called and resemble guns,Im a sucker for "mildos"
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Our former sponser store has switched almost entirely to airsoft,its a surplus store and its near old Army base housing that AS people play at so it makes sense,they wont allow PB at the base anymore because of city ordinance and mess
We have a few players that do both,I tried it and wasnt impressed with the equiptment,even the higher end guns(p90 Maryu?) and very inacurate and range was alot less than expected,even less than low end paintball guns,players were cool and like minded to PB players though,they are really into realism and use period correct uniforms and weapons for their scenarios
I can see the draw for some people,you can buy AS and ammo at the flea market and play in your backyard,not for me,guns sound like toys with no kick or satifying splat of a confirmed hit
I dont see AS replacing PB,seems most PB players are more dedicated to the sport,the two can coexist even on the same field
One good think AS has done for PB,markers can be called and resemble guns,Im a sucker for "mildos"
strange. I always thought AS would be more accurate with further range. Im guessing that was because it was a p90. In general, a cqb weapon isnt built for range. And being a Marui, it probably has lower velocity. In addition, you have to make sure you have a good hop up and it is set up right.

I do hope GBBR technology makes some leaps and bounds sometime soon. I really hate the sound of motors whining.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Just crusin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Could you scoop 'em up to be rinsed at a later time? They're not like paint, which is rather hygroscopic.
I guess that would be possible indoors... although it is commonly frowned upon. I guess any contamination could cause jams, seeing as how airsoft barrels often have a very tight bore.
Dye says that they're going to make a 'Faultline Broomstick' soon, so wait for that, then you'll never be outshoot, unless the other guy has a full-auto ramping Boo-Ya frame on there Spider and a Dye Broomstick, then your screwed, you mite as well play Airsoft.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Just crusin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Could you not wash them?

And I'm guessing the biodegradable ones go smooshy with water??
I guess it would be possible... It seems to be frowned upon, likely because any contamination (dirt, paint, grease etc.) on the BB's would cause jams in a tight bore barrel.

Biodegradable BB's begin to decompose when exposed to moisture.
Dye says that they're going to make a 'Faultline Broomstick' soon, so wait for that, then you'll never be outshoot, unless the other guy has a full-auto ramping Boo-Ya frame on there Spider and a Dye Broomstick, then your screwed, you mite as well play Airsoft.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I thought BBs were dirt cheap, why would you spend the time and effort trying to reuse them?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Old Fat Guy

There is a lesson in here.

Airsoft is doing well because it allows you to take a 1st person shooter video game and turn it into real life. Im not saying this to be demeaning, I say this based on talking to a lot of the kids getting drawn into the sport.

Its also cheaper. But I know that will change. Right now you can buy BBs at a field dirt cheap; however, the field owner's expenses have not changed. They still need to cover their costs and make a healthy profit. So the reality is airsoft BBs will increase in cost as its popularity grows.

Back to my first comment. When I say there is something to be learned here...that is...there is an opportunity for paintball that we are missing, that airsoft is getting.

Though I have already noticed a serious backlash against that type of pb set up and playing by some, but not all. ie milsig etc.

Just my thoughts for now...

Last edited by gmore70; 03-24-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: wrong term used. 3rd changed to 1st
gmore70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore70 View Post
Its also cheaper. But I know that will change. Right now you can buy BBs at a field dirt cheap; however, the field owner's expenses have not changed. They still need to cover their costs and make a healthy profit. So the reality is airsoft BBs will increase in cost as its popularity grows.
That would be making an assumption that fields would be supplying the bb's (FBBO) which is even more difficult to do with generic looking bb's as it is with paintballs that can at least be custom ordered in specific colours or even logo'd like we have. Retail stores will continue to sell bb's dirt cheap, as they do not have the accompanying overhead that fields do.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone