mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   What Paint to Use in a RAP? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/229995-what-paint-use-rap.html)

Murf425 03-28-2013 03:59 PM

What Paint to Use in a RAP?

Okay, so I have this buddy who just INSISTS on shooting RAP products. When I first met him a year ago, he spent all day at the field trying to fix leaks in his mag-fed gun (don't know what model specifically). He ended up selling it during the off season, and then showed up at the field this year with ANOTHER one...against everyone's advice. Apparently he paid a buttload of cash for it, and, and only 1 out of every 5 or so balls makes it out of the gun without exploding. Once again, we've been trying to get him to give it up, but he's insistent. So he calls up RAP, and their customer service rep tells him, quote, "Try using less brittle paint...like Graffiti or something." Sounds like weak advice to me, since he was shooting Heat field paint that has serious issues breaking on targets anyway and is WAY less brittle than Graffiti.

Sooo...now he's to know what kind of paint he should be using for his gun. I already tried to tell him it's not the paint, it's the marker, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask around anyway...since he's going to get this thing working or give himself an aneurism trying.

In joking, I told him I'm sure Monsterballs would make it out of the gun without exploding. Apparently, he didn't get it, since he asked where to buy them.

(Just for the record, his other gun is an eNMEy...yet he insists on trying to play speedball with a fullsize RAP M16 replica. :bang:)

cobyrne 03-28-2013 06:07 PM

Given your description of the situation I'd say there's no helping him. If he keeps going back to unreliable equipment when he has other options it's his choice.

You could suggest powderballs, but I'd suggest letting him suffer instead. Eventually, he'll (probably) switch over to better quality mag-fed gear or use his eNMEy.

Penarol10 03-28-2013 07:07 PM

sell it and use the money to get an MR5, at least it'll work

mcgral18 03-28-2013 07:17 PM

If it's a T68, and he's insistant on keeping it, the anti-chop bolt? Better than nothing.

EL17E 76 03-28-2013 08:06 PM

Blue Green Orange Pink White
Tell him to use RAP4 paint in his RAP4 mag fed - since it supposedly made specifically for what he bought from that company - if that doesn't work nothing will.
Paintball paint ball Paintball

and hey you never know it just might work

The AG1 Mag Fed Grade Paintballpremium .68 caliber paintballs for peak performance in your marker!

The innovative gelatin formula used in AG1 Mag Fed Grade Paintballs makes them all purpose paintballs. Rather than buying different grades of paint
tournament, recreational, practicethe AG1 Mag Fed Grade Paintballs yield peak performance to work in all markers under every playing condition.

With AG1 Paintballs, you get the benefits of every grade of paint in just one ball
AG1 Paintballs combine all grades of paint into one inclusive grade! You no longer need to buy different grades of paint for different markers, because the AG1 Paintball is designed to provide ideal flight patterns, the longest range, and the tightest accuracy possible in whatever you’re shooting.

Real Action Paintball’s new AG1 Mag Fed Grade Paintball enables stores and fields to better manage their paint inventory by freeing them from needing to stock other grades of paint. When you can supply all grades of paint with just one ball, you need not invest in other inventory that can spoil or never sell. And the greatest benefit for your business is the ability to offer customers the best paintballs at the best price in the industry.

For players, the AG1 Mag Fed Grade takes away the confusion of what type of paintball to buy. The AG1 keeps it simple by creating an inclusive all-in-one paintball. No longer should you stress about choosing the right paintball for your maker. No matter what marker you use, the AG1 Mag Fed Grade Paintball will provide peak performance.

zenmic 03-29-2013 01:47 PM

I suggest the paint on a return packing slip.:p

PistolRogue 03-29-2013 02:34 PM

Just let him keep getting mad at it. I've known the type before, insisting on the milsim stuff even when it's cRAP4 gear that doesn't work worth a damn, and every time... Pretty much the only solution is to keep playing right alongside them with a space-dildo that never breaks down, and eventually they'll come to it on their own that you're having more fun than they are by actually being able to shoot people out instead of sitting on the sidelines fixing your ****.

Murf425 03-29-2013 02:37 PM

Oh, I shoot the absolute hell out of him with every chance I get...last season with a PGP, now with a Phantom. He'll learn about quality equipment eventually.

ragu 03-29-2013 05:58 PM

The mag spring is probably putting way too much pressure on the ball stack, anyways I recommend switching over to an ats marker if he wants mag fed or any other marker for that matter. Don't want him to be miserable all the time on the field. :)