mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/230079-re-looking-new-rig-viking-cyborg-ego.html)

GTrsi 03-29-2013 04:52 PM

RE: looking for a new rig..viking, cyborg, ego

Looking at used prices it appears I can get a marker, tank, and hopper for under $500, and it will be a quality setup. I'd love to get xvalve ule, but under 500 for all is going to be a stretch. I am amazed how much prices have dropped, with exception to AGD stuff.

So I am looking at a viking, cyborg or ego. Can you guys provide some thoughts? I've owned a few vikings, I know they are solid, love the trigger. I was wondering how they compare to a cyborg or ego. All three are in the price range and they are all super efficient, 2krnds/68ci. They all shoot plenty fast, I am interested in the thoughts of those you whom have owned any of them and how they compare.

capt_cupcakes 03-29-2013 05:14 PM

Depending on what you want to do with them I would pick the Ego. ideally a 09-10. I have owned both and they are my "go to" marker. I can beat the crap out of them toss them in my gear bag and wait till time I decide to bust out the electro.

AKA Vikngs are nice! I have been meaning to get around to picking one up. Just for what I want I don't have the cash.

I have yet to shoot or play with a Cyborg so I don't want to put a false statement out there for you. If you really want something nice from Macdev I Recommend the Clone VX. not the GT but the VX. I have owned one and LOVED it!

Feel free to PM me for anything!.

Mike Quinn

Cunha 03-29-2013 05:25 PM

If you want maximum reliability and amazing efficiency than no question get a viking or excal.

They aren't the light but I have had almost every other gun and they are by far the most robust. Couple of drops of oil in the asa and that is it almost indefinitely.

07 Borgs are cool. You need to regrease them every once in a while though.. And the trigger pivot location is silly but with a CP trigger it is one of my favorite triggers ever. I despise it otherwise.

I had a bad experience with an sl94 ego. Light guns but ergonomics are bad for me..grips don't last long..and the trigger frame is weak..and the bolt to breech fit is pretty loose which just feels cheap.

For durability i'd say viking, 07 Borg, ego in that order
For weight it is the opposite.

All 3 can shoot thousands of rounds a day without issues.

leathalh 04-05-2013 12:50 AM

I'm looking to part with a tac one xvalve lvl 10. Also passing on a viking. lmk.

Lohman446 04-05-2013 08:44 AM

I picked up a milled Viking from a member here who gave me a really good deal on it. When I handed it to the shop owner he told me "that's not a Viking". Apparently there is a noticeable difference in weight between a milled and unmilled one.

Jaccen 04-05-2013 09:06 AM

Any reason Bob Long's not on the list?

Bloop 04-05-2013 04:30 PM

Given any thought to an axe? As Jaccen said as well you could probably get an older bob long for your price range.

Droop 04-05-2013 05:59 PM

i really like my marq. only reason im looking to part with it is to upgrade up to a little newer of a gun and a true spool valve.