mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Thanks for all the advice guys! I just got one more question: how often do the Vforce lenses wear out? My JTs are always cracking on me after a summer of twice a month play. Are Vforce lenses better?

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Maybe you just had a lemon. I've got two V-Force shields that I've been using for the last 5 years or so (one more than the other), and I've never had that happen with either of them. And I take a lot of headshots. I'd probably say I get shot in the mask more than anywhere else.

Gabe: I replace my lenses every year as a matter of course. But the lenses certainly aren't cracked or worn out, I just like to keep my lens crystal clear. Plus I find the anti-fog coating on them starts to become less effective after a years worth of being washed after every day of play or reffing.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
as a rule you should replace the lenses every year. It says to replace them every year in the manual.
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've had the same experience as Drum, though only tiny amounts of splatter. I wonder if it's because I don't wear the visor? Mine are the Vforce Vantage Field that have the Rubber seal instead of foam(IMO the best goggs for glasses ever made). The spray has never gotten on my face or even my glasses, but it does show up on the inside of the lens if I take a bad blast to the face. Maybe the air flow is a little TOO good.

Rob
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

i have the profilers and vents, the profilers might be small enough by the vents wont be, they dont flex all the way like the jt flexes

the only one that will bend wil be the old flexes, but best bet is to try a few different ones with ur gun.
-matt
Scenario Paintball Team
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

The problem what you have is not with mask. Simply get raised sight rails. Simple, 8$ solution.

3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith
I've had the same experience as Drum, though only tiny amounts of splatter. I wonder if it's because I don't wear the visor? Mine are the Vforce Vantage Field that have the Rubber seal instead of foam(IMO the best goggs for glasses ever made). The spray has never gotten on my face or even my glasses, but it does show up on the inside of the lens if I take a bad blast to the face. Maybe the air flow is a little TOO good.

Rob
I've had a VForce Armor for about 2 years and have had a similar issue. I've never had spray come through, but I have had paint "leech" in between the frame & lens. It's not that big a deal except that it often stains the lens. The biggest complaint I have about them is the foam. After about 6 months (maybe 6 or 7 days of play), the foam began to "roll" off of the frame. I tried re-gluing it several times and have yet to find a total solution, so I've bagged 'em for now. If I happen to find someone selling replacement foam (I'm not sure it's even available for VForce goggles - I've never seen it anywhere), then I'll try that, but I just got a brand new flex7 for $30 and have an older flex7 and my good ol' Spectras as backups. I just wish the lenses were of a better quality (they always seem to smear or scratch very easily) and easier to replace.
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

my armors did that foam thign as well (i put a piece of macro right above it liek twist tied inplace to keep it down and that worked well) but the profilers never rolled like that (i think that armors were to heavy)

the paint sliping around was one of the main problems i had (second being after the coating wore off they fogged and that the profierls could be hard to breath in some times)

the vents seem to be awesome on anti fog (i would breath hard and see some condensation and it would dissapear as fast as it appeared) i havent gotten shot in them yet (wheres the ninja smiely) so im not sure how the lenses react.

-matt
Scenario Paintball Team
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycke
I've had a VForce Armor for about 2 years and have had a similar issue. I've never had spray come through, but I have had paint "leech" in between the frame & lens. It's not that big a deal except that it often stains the lens. The biggest complaint I have about them is the foam. After about 6 months (maybe 6 or 7 days of play), the foam began to "roll" off of the frame. I tried re-gluing it several times and have yet to find a total solution, so I've bagged 'em for now. If I happen to find someone selling replacement foam (I'm not sure it's even available for VForce goggles - I've never seen it anywhere), then I'll try that, but I just got a brand new flex7 for $30 and have an older flex7 and my good ol' Spectras as backups. I just wish the lenses were of a better quality (they always seem to smear or scratch very easily) and easier to replace.
At our field we use neoprene wetsuit repair glue to fix the foam on our rental masks when it starts to seperate from the frame. It holds up pretty well.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
As already stated...the VForce Morph's flex very nicely.
Discontinued, but sometimes still available if you look around a bit.

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone