mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #91 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
I use the 12g gauntlet slots but could do without. I'd rather it just wrap my forearm only and leave my hands alone.

I want loops on my pants and am planning to put them on the outside of my thighs so they don't get drug in the mud when I go prone. I don't crouch too much due to horrible knees, so I'm hoping the side of the thigh location works. I also use the cargo pockets for a dump pouch.

I really wish WTF or someone else would make some stock class pants. No one I've contacted seems interested.
Smokin Paintball is the only one that had stock class pants.

The new HDE Eclipse pants have molle on them but I believe its on the back.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #92 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
My preferred rig is my WTF Stalker. Best setup for Stock Class that I've ever used. Light, comfy, hold plenty of paint and 12ies. Couldn't be any happier with mine.

For comparison, I've used:
-Ronin gear suspenders
-Misc shotgun shell holder on my forearm
-Shotgun belt
-PBMafia Joyride
-PBMafia 10 tube drop leg rig
-DBD Molle SC panels.

The Stalker rig trumps them all, for me at least. Second best would be the DBD panels mounted on a lightweight molle vest. I typically use that for big games, so I can mount a hydro bladder on the back. A little heavier and less elegant, but it's worth the tradeoff in the summer.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #93 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I found that I put my SC loops on the front of my thigh right where my hand would be.

Easy to reach tubes and 12gs there.

I don't bother with prone so I can't say how this position would work when lying on the ground or crawling.

I will do up some photos.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #94 (permalink)
Bolt Action/Pistol Player

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
A pair of DBD stock class shingles on a molle belt with a DBD dump pouch, and a pair of WTF Radius Stock Class gauntlets:

S.C.A.R. - The Simulated Combat Association of Rhode Island - S.C.A.R. on Facebook - My MCB Feedback - Meet "The Devil's Brass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorman47 View Post
The devil's brass uses an evil sighting system powered by juju obtained from the deep and ominous laughter from the gun's owner himself.......seriously playing in a game against Born4Evil , and you see him sneaking your way, then BAM and all you hear is something to the effect of "Haha can't get away from the Devil's Brass!" Born4Evil seriously sounds like the devil himself, and its awesome. That gun is hands down the most badass gun in my mind.
Born4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #95 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

I've recently purchased my first SC gun (unless you include what I had in the 80's) and before I did so I did a bunch of reading on what was the "best" SC set-up. I purchased a PB Mafia Joy Ride and made my own "Dump Pouch". With my Dump Pouch I sewed (I know "imprper english") 8 loops inside of it to hold Co2 cartridges (empty and full), I put a "key clip" on the inside, I made it large enough to hold 30 - 10 round tubes, I put a strap on it to go around my neck and sewed onto the back some "Molle" velcro. In doing all of this, with my Joy Ride on, the pouch just "velcro's" to the joy ride and with the strap being set long enough I don't even feel it, but I know that if I have to slide into a bunker on my stomach (which has happened sine I made this) I'm not going to loose my pouch. The best thing about it was, I had everything just sitting around to make it and I made my 1949 Singer do some work again.

As you can see I have my 12'ies in two different direction; "Point up" ones are full and "Point down" ones are used. This works well for me but I want to try something around my wrist for my full 12'ies.

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #96 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I've recently purchased my first SC gun (unless you include what I had in the 80's) and before I did so I did a bunch of reading on what was the "best" SC set-up. I purchased a PB Mafia Joy Ride and made my own "Dump Pouch". With my Dump Pouch I sewed (I know "imprper english") 8 loops inside of it to hold Co2 cartridges (empty and full), I put a "key clip" on the inside, I made it large enough to hold 30 - 10 round tubes, I put a strap on it to go around my neck and sewed onto the back some "Molle" velcro. In doing all of this, with my Joy Ride on, the pouch just "velcro's" to the joy ride and with the strap being set long enough I don't even feel it, but I know that if I have to slide into a bunker on my stomach (which has happened sine I made this) I'm not going to loose my pouch. The best thing about it was, I had everything just sitting around to make it and I made my 1949 Singer do some work again.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...psf3019dd7.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps114db1be.jpg

As you can see I have my 12'ies in two different direction; "Point up" ones are full and "Point down" ones are used. This works well for me but I want to try something around my wrist for my full 12'ies.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps07bb3fad.jpg
That's a really great idea! I love that dump pouch!

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #97 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Any suggestions on exactly where on the thighs to put the straps?
I posted a picture of my DBDs a few pages back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
And here's my MC pair:

Both work great, even crawling/prone, no problems.

ZDF42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #98 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmanmike View Post
That's a really great idea! I love that dump pouch!
Thanks I appreciate it.
My dump pouch works well for me, but like I said in my original post, I did a lot of reading and took ideas from different stuff that people were mentioning they liked about specific pouches and I just combined all the good ideas.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #99 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

I cut out the bottom of the chest pockets on my bdu jacket and sewed loops on the inside. Each pocket holds 6 capless tubes completely covered by the pocket. I just pull the tubes out through the bottom of the pocket and dump the empties in the lower cargo pockets or in the side cargo pockets of my pants.

For 12ies I sewed a some loops just above the lower cargo pockets on the jacket.

Last edited by cobyrne; 05-31-2013 at 06:51 AM.
cobyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #100 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
^Great ideas!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone