mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Anybody running a gauntlet had the problem of it getting shot?

I talked to a local guy about getting one and he told me I was an idiot for thinking about putting paint there because it's such a common place to get shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post

I talked to a local guy about getting one and he told me I was an idiot for thinking about putting paint there because it's such a common place to get shot
I took a shot in mine but it hit the empty tube I had already used. Of course it was a friendly fire shot while I was being sneaky and scoring some barrel tags .....
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:

I got the deflector edition.
Iam like Jackie Chan now

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
I know I had a photo around here someplace. trying to dig it up. Edit: Found it and more info!

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/SCpants1.jpg

The loops are WTF 12g patches. I had extras, so I used them. You can achieve the same effect with a shot gun shell belt for a HELL of a lot cheaper!! I had then sewn on at a local tailor shop for about $7 each side.

I got waterproof silicone gel and smeared it inside the loops to make sure the 12gs wouldn't go anywhere when running. They dont.

Here is my Review on the Puller Vest. I love having the tubes infront of me. I am used to it, and find pulling and replacing tubes from that position easy. I don't go prone very often if ever so I don't worry about lying on tubes.
Thanks. I've actually read your review of the puller. Honestly read most every review I could find of all WTF's stuff.

I really like the idea of having the tubes on the pants. Most of the time I use the Gargoyle with a Boomerang so I don't need extra space for 12ies but one extra wouldn't hurt I guess. I wonder how hard it would be to get 2 or the 6x 10rnd tube pannels and put one on each thigh? Have you tried 6 tubes on the legs before? Feel like too much?

Quote:

I also wondered about this.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.

Last edited by Greenmtnphantom; 04-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

I haven't been shot in the gauntlet yet I got it towards the end of last season so only got 3 outings with it. Only thing I can think that would be bad is you loose a tube of paint. Going out this weekend to play for the first time this year I'll try to get some shots on the Gauntlet.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
but it do

Send a message via AIM to Bleeds Send a message via Yahoo to Bleeds

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I've been using a PBmafia leg rig for 8 years now and it's still going strong. Will be getting one of BenoitOWN's tank "bombs" to get the tubes off my body.

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."
Bleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosplinter View Post
I've been using a PBmafia leg rig for 8 years now and it's still going strong. Will be getting one of BenoitOWN's tank "bombs" to get the tubes off my body.
I am a big fan of the PBmafia LG Ten. I hate wearing vest setups because it restricts my run, not a fan of the gauntlets because it prevents me from agressive sliding/crawling. LG-10s for the days I'm playing with caps, joyride for everything else!
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Molle battle belt with 2x wtf stock class tube holders, a shotgun shell carrier, and a dump pouch on the back. Also has a random molle air soft three mag panel that holds 50 rnd pods ans 6 tpx mags just right. When I play open class I never use bigger pods than 50's so I find this setup works for every style of play. Belt is padded so its super comfy w/out being too hot.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I had a custom rig made at Spec Ops Paintball (before the owner switching)... its a harness with loops going down from shoulders to mid torso, and then capless spots going across my chest from there.

12ies on the shoulders make it look like I'm carrying shells to newbies :P unfortunately it's not conducive to my Phantom's stock, but without stock it's perfect for that and my SS.

I didn't want the hassle of losing caps and having them pop open like some had told me they might, but my one issue with the capless spots is they use elastics so when I want to reload the vest it sucks to get them back in (vs. hard fabric).

It's great for scenarios but 14 tubes and probably as many 12ies is a lot...it means I don't have to reload during walk-on but with the way some of the electros shoot paint I have to wait for everyone else to get more paint every couple games anyways.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Full Clip vest w/ WTF tube holders

Mar is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone