mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #71 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

I just bought a Gauntlet..switching from a shotgun belt. I'm pretty excited to see how it works for me.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #72 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
Lived in Venice, Florida for a bit. Beautiful state.

Tho a lot of the ladies have white hair and wrinkles...kinda hot.

To keep this legit...

My twin is running a condor chest rig with WTF DBD 6 tube panels x2. Both of us are loving the chest rigs. Played in 27*C weather and didn't find it bothersome. We will see when she hits the high 30's.
It gets warm, you will sweat...but I have found that a Chest rig takes up FAR less realestate than a regular vest which would be unbearable in real heat. With the Chest rig the back is open as is the top of my chest. I was still pretty comfortable playing in the high 30s to low 40s.

Personally I would have a bigger issue with things on my arms in that kind of heat...but that is just me.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #73 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
I agree with Stilgar on the chest rig. His WTF puller and Slap's Stalker inspired my aforementioned chest rig. You'll sweat, but it's comfortable and damn fast to load. That and seeing how sexy Stilgar looks in his Puller, I had to steal some of his swag/mojo for myself.

Plus I thought it'd show off my backside for MAr ...
babshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #75 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I run a PBmafia LG10 leg rig that has 12g's running up to the belt. 10 tubes and 4 12g's is enough for me for an entire afternoon of stock class play. it's also a lot of fun to run it when I'm using a stick feed on my snipers or running a small hopper like an APP and don't feel like buying smaller pods.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #76 (permalink)
Destroyer of Butterflies

I started out with some fancy thing that could hold like 20 tubes capless for faster reloading. It had elastic loops for the 12ies but they would often slide out of the elastic loops. It didn't have any other useful pockets.

Now I use what is essentially a fanny pack with some extra pockets. I have to reach inside to grab a tube, but it doesn't slow down my reloading THAT much. It has plenty of room for 10 tubes, 5 12ies, wallet, snack, car keys...
AustinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #77 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaL View Post
Apparently you've never been to Florida...
No he's right. I was born and raised in Florida, and now live in STL. Florida has wind. Missouri is a humid arm pit. I also lived in Brazil and Texas. STL heat is misery...

That said my Stalker is quite warm and I get pretty sweaty playing in it when the weather tops 80.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #78 (permalink)
MCB Member

Believe it or not Ottawa, Ontario, Canada is like STL in terms of heat. Side note: I love it hot. Here in Ottawa it's not a dry heat. It's humid armpit sweat heat. Like you walk outside and that **** just condenses on you. It's like Ottawa wants to lube you up before it inserts you into itself...

Back on topic: yeah I get sweaty in her but not uncomfortably sweaty.

Manning: still loving the gauntlet? No problems with the finger loops being uncomfortable?

All the best
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #79 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I don't notice the loops when I play but in the staging area they can get a little annoying at the end of the day if you don't have gloves on. I wish it either didn't have the part over the back of the hand or had like a fingerless glove or something you just slid your thumb into to hold it on. I had pads when I played football that covered just the forearm and were basically an elastic sleeve with heavy padding. I'd really like something like that but I'm sure it would get toasty.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #80 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

A cheap little pouch that attaches to my pants. Only holds four tubes maximum, but I figure if I use more that I am doing it wrong.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone