mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Stock Class Rigs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/230558-stock-class-rigs.html)

Greenmtnphantom 04-04-2013 09:48 AM

Stock Class Rigs

It's been a while since this has been discussed and some new stuff is out, some people have tried new things. I haven't, but lots of people have.

What do you use for carrying your 12ies and Tubes?

I'm a shotgun shell belt kinda guy up to this point. I tried a few other belt style rigs and didn't see any improvement over what I had. The Ronin suspender harness would never stay where I wanted it for me. I tried a wrist harness, but again just didn't work out for me.

I'm not interested in any full vests as I don't shoot enough to warrant carrying that much paint so it ends up just being something to sweat into.

I've been thinking about The WTF SC rigs, the Gauntlet is likely enough for most games I play to be honest.

What are you guys using?

artguy63 04-04-2013 09:52 AM

Shot gun belt. $6 and it works.

Then again, I never really carry more than 5 tubes on me, and maybe 2-3 12ies.

Ninjamitch 04-04-2013 09:53 AM

The limited amount of stock class I played last year which was mainly in the back yard against my kids with their electros. I run a PBMafia leg rig. Seems to do fine, holds 10 tubes plus 4 12ies. Been looking at the WTF Puller vest though, like you though, it looks kinda like something one would sweat alot with.

Greenmtnphantom 04-04-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artguy63 (Post 2674415)
Shot gun belt. $6 and it works.

Then again, I never really carry more than 5 tubes on me, and maybe 2-3 12ies.

About the same here. Honestly part of this is that Buying softgoods to try out and see if I like them will hopefully be cheaper in the long run than buying guns to see if I like them. Since well, I never use the damned things anyway since I love the ones I have so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjamitch (Post 2674416)
The limited amount of stock class I played last year which was mainly in the back yard against my kids with their electros. I run a PBMafia leg rig. Seems to do fine, holds 10 tubes plus 4 12ies. Been looking at the WTF Puller vest though, like you though, it looks kinda like something one would sweat alot with.

Don't get me wrong I'm not afraid of a little sweat and I don't doubt Darthmoo when he says that they breath well. But whats the point in that much vest if most games in a year I use no more than 5 tubes of paint? I could see if it I was shooting 10-15 tubes in games but I go out with 3 tubes more often then I go out with 10.

Manning 04-04-2013 10:00 AM

I bought a WTF gauntlet a month or so ago and played my first game with it two weeks ago. Loved it! You are right that its the perfect amount of paint. Obviously you walk onto the field with 10 in the gun and 40 on yhe gauntlet so you have 50 shots available. In the round I used it I shot 15 shots so I had plenty left. I just bought a folding molle tube holder that holds 20 tubes and 8 12gs that I'm going to slap on my belt for reloads, but it may not be necessary.

I have a stalker vest and love it, but it does get warm, and is more paint than I need for a walk-on game. It fits the bill nicely for scenarios and big games though. The beauty of stock class gear for me is that you can just add more tube holders to your load out if needed. I have a pbmafia leg harness too that's nice, but I prefer capless and don't really like things on my legs.

If Mar can add some stock class loops to some of his DBD pants I think I'd run that with the gauntlet and call it done!

Falcon16 04-04-2013 10:02 AM

I run a pbmafia rig for playing SC holds 10 tubes + IIRC 5 12g's with my AM-P illusion I get about 3 tubes/12g so it works well. I also run it for when I play with my app hopper as buying 30rd pods seems like just more gear to have sit around.

mailmanmike 04-04-2013 10:03 AM

I'm still using my PBMafia joyride. I like being able to fill it up the night before and just pull from it all day. It holds a bit more than a days worth of paint for me but I really like being able to just pull what i need and dump the empty tubes in my backpack inbetween games.

BLachance75 04-04-2013 10:09 AM

I use a Joyride as well. It is nice to be able to play several games without having to worry about filling more tubes. I did lose the 12gr holder that it came with so I'm going to just put 12grs in my pockets.

Bow 04-04-2013 10:11 AM

I've got a Dock Nickle's SC rig. IIRC my rig was used to design the WTF Stalker SC rig.

I like how it fits. I also stuck a pouch on the front of mine for easy 10rd tube dumping. I never run more than say 6 tubes even though it has space for 14, and I never carry 12ies in it, I just put them in my pocket.

Found a pic of mine on my Photobucket. I was wearing my painting shirt lol.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...4/IMG_0376.jpg

Jebus 04-04-2013 10:12 AM

I have a Condor Ops Chest rig - 18 tubes, 6 co2 on the strap...works so far - only used it twice so far.