mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I thought about a trigger pull but having never used one I'm not sure how quickly I could get ready for another shot, or if I slipped I could catch myself with that hand easily. But I'm headed to an archery shop tonight to see, and get my bow set to the proper draw for me....so we'll see.

Trouble is my field has has rollouts through the gold ring (.670) in my Phantom before even some through my Palmer's SS with .685 and quad wedgits.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Summer's a-commin'

Have you thought about a Flasc barrel? 9" control bore with various extension lengths would allow you to control rollouts and get a workable length. There might be other barrel kits that can use multiple extensions or long extensions, but that's the first that came to mind.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Actually, longer control bore is a great idea since it has to accelerate over a longer distance than a normal marker...however I'd need the A5-Spyder adapter, which means I'd have a couple of inches where the ball would still roll forward and I'm sure that would affect velocity.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Upgrade the barrel and use the heaviest draw you can handle. They are awkward to use but pretty damn fun. A mechanical release will alter your draw length. It will slow you down a bit. Not really needed for paintball use.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Tried shooting some paintballs at a friends acreage....aim took a little while to get especially since the the plunger causes a fair bit of kick but it'll be fun. Didn't notice any rollouts with some old paint from past August.

Really looking forward to getting out with it also curious to see how much pull I will need for good velocity. set around 48-50 right now.

How did you guys adjust for the kick? I found I tended to drift up a little from the plunger so I started using the kink in the feed tube as my general sightline.

Last edited by cdrinkh20; 04-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Sorry for double post...but had another thought. The shaft and everything was pre-cut and assembled for me by the supplier....but should I open it up and make sure the plunger is lubed properly each time I play? Makes sense, I usually oiled in the ASA at least before a day of play, and cleaned up each of my markers at least once per season internally.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrinkh20 View Post
Sorry for double post...but had another thought. The shaft and everything was pre-cut and assembled for me by the supplier....but should I open it up and make sure the plunger is lubed properly each time I play? Makes sense, I usually oiled in the ASA at least before a day of play, and cleaned up each of my markers at least once per season internally.
Personally I wouldn't since that might cause buildup within the air chamber and slow down the plunger. I should move pretty freely so I don't think it would require lubrication. If anything, you probably want to make sure you're focusing on the bow rather than the airow gun (ie. waxing the string, cleaning out paint, etc.).
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Yeah, definitely been waxing the strings; haven't played with it yet so no paint!

I should mention I've found that the screws holding the Airowgun to the bow, due to the piece that allows you to slide it over so it is centred, comes loose after a little while. I think I'll have to go find some washers to make sure that stays secured because it gets to the point where the marker starts tilting and the plunger can move to the side and that could lead to serious issues...
Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #19 (permalink)

Locktight that sucker in.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I could...but I plan on learning some archery too so gotta be able to take it off relatively easily too

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone