mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Course a helmet cam is only PART of the setup you need. To really capture paintball, you ALL need to build ZoomCams for your gun! I can help you do them, and they are really easy to build, and make a WORLD of difference for the viewers at home as they can SEE what you are shooting at!

Here is an example, this is from paintball junkeez recently. I played one game with my MonsterSpin system, and only the helmet cam, and you can only see ONE of the guys I shoot on video (I shot out at least 4 in the footage I showed). But, you can't see them as they are so far away, and action cams have no zoom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJZfHn5w-c

So get one of the new small camcorders with a bunch of optical zoom, and build yourself a ZoomCam. If all of us who film paintball did this, the quality of our videos would go way up as the viewers at home could actually see what is going on. I can show kills at 300 feet away... And no other system can do that.

Here is how I built mine.
Watch ZoomCam, How to build your own! Trails of Doom Innovation, so Viewers can SEE the hits! | Trails Of Doom Episodes | Learning Videos | Blip

And you can make it fit just about any barrel. Here is my latest mount, on my MonsterSpin, which is a TINY barrel, only about 4 inches to mount it on. And the video quality filming at 15x optical zoom, actually shows who I am shooting at.

Here is what you can capture, as you can see, it is much better than just an action cam, as you can see who I am shooting at, and some of these guys were well over 100 feet away from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNzyxU96xEM

link for mobile.
Headshot Paintball Junkeez 4.27.2013 by Trails of Doom FPS ZoomCam footage - YouTube

If you are serious about filming your stuff, you need a ZoomCam.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

I've been watching your vids for some time and I like the results. 1 camera for general action and one with a zoom (at least until the market comes out with some uber HD video you can zoom into during the editing phase). The only thing is paintball videos aren't my main thing yet and so I cant justify the investment for a second setup....just yet!

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Maybe I haven't been engaging a lot of opponents at exceptionally long ranges, but I haven't really felt the need for a zoom camera as of yet. In my videos you can see my target, see the shots, and see them raise their hands as they walk away. Sometimes you aren't able to see the splat itself, but in the overall scheme of things I don't think that's necessary to make a good video.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone