mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
What sloppy reporting. The raid was in regards to the explosives he uses and had nothing to do with his partner's death. I guess you can get more eyes on a story if you imply (without actually saying) that the two are connected, though.
A couple days ago my friend went through an "active shooter" situation that turned out to be hilariously nonexistent on the college campus where he works. Needless to say I was worried for him so I was glued to the TV - this was on the same day that Connecticut (a neighboring state) was pushing a draconian firearms bill similar to what we have here in the PRM which was also being heavily reported (up 'til the "breaking news" at least).

When a female student was on the news being interviewed, she said "The SWAT team went by with rifles.." and the reporter said "Now you said the SWAT team went by you with assault weapons, did they...". He did this at least ten times in the interview, which I was allowed to find funny after it turned out to be a crock.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oldbie

Speaking of hilariously nonexistent, we're fortunate that this incident didn't bring out the SWAT teams.

Police: Gunshot reported at Pennsylvania campus was newspaper delivery | abc13.com
GETTYSBURG, PA -- Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.

Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.

After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I dont get how Ratcliff's death has anything to do with this. And wasnt there an episode of FPSRussia explaining what explosives they used and how they were legally obtained/used? I guess we'll have to wait and see for the outcome.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

From what I understand from reading another gun blog, is the case has to do with a somewhat obscure technical point. Tannerite, as I understand it, is legal largely because the two components, separately, are also perfectly legal and safe. Only when mixed do they form a low-power, stable explosive that takes a fairly significant shock to set off.

The issue comes in the fed's regulations on the stuff- basically, they state that it's legal, as long as it's used in small quantities, only mixed just prior to use, and not used for commercial purposes.

That last part is the key; Supposedly, because FPSR earns a nontrivial amount of money off his videos (they may even be his primary income at the moment) it's thought that the feds are stretching the definition of "commercial use" to include it's use as an incidental prop in for-profit internet videos.

Whether that's actually true or not remains to be seen, but according to that same blog, the ATF didn't confiscate anything either, which tends to suggest more "technical violation" and not "we think this guy's a murder suspect and probably a terrorist too".

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

"This guy is one of a few murder suspects, let's make him **** himself"

Possibly?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
Minus ear pro. He needs to get on board with that.
True I'll give you that but I meant in terms of don't do anything stupid always treat the gun as loaded etc. Ear protection is a safety thing for the operator not so much anyone else

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Just kinda looks like one of those stories where they had to add details on something that was not related, they didn't need to add the part about his business partner getting killed, just made the story more complicated.

And lol at the comments at the bottom of the page.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

overactive imagination started up:

what if someone close to the partner that was killed wanted to milk FPS Russia (the business/channel, including Kyle)? Framing Kyle for the death and pestering officials to seek justice. Idk.

I'm not saying by any means anyone should agree with me, I wouldn't even trust my assumption lmao. But it just goes to show anything is possible. Could've been a dirty death, or it could have been an accident or twist o' fate y'know. Just let things happen how they happen, there'll be answers eventually.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
A couple days ago my friend went through an "active shooter" situation that turned out to be hilariously nonexistent on the college campus where he works. Needless to say I was worried for him so I was glued to the TV - this was on the same day that Connecticut (a neighboring state) was pushing a draconian firearms bill similar to what we have here in the PRM which was also being heavily reported (up 'til the "breaking news" at least).

When a female student was on the news being interviewed, she said "The SWAT team went by with rifles.." and the reporter said "Now you said the SWAT team went by you with assault weapons, did they...". He did this at least ten times in the interview, which I was allowed to find funny after it turned out to be a crock.
uri? I go to that school. Everyone's collective sphincter is clenched there after that incident.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
uri? I go to that school. Everyone's collective sphincter is clenched there after that incident.
Yep, the way he got it from a student in the lecture who's also in his class, the professor was hemming and hawing about how guns are bad and people who would want to own one are too, etc, completely off the topic of the lecture - it came up because of the CT "assault" hunting rifle ban bill that was in the news that day. Some kid stood up and said "Well, I own a gun, does that make me a bad person?" and it all went down hill from there.

He heard it a bit different from the professor, but who'd wanna own that either way?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone