mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   The sights, the sounds, the smells (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/230987-sights-sounds-smells.html)

iamthelazerviking 04-09-2013 02:52 PM

The sights, the sounds, the smells

The sight...
of paintballs being lobbed at you.

The sound...
of paintballs being poured into a loader.

The smell...
of plywood, dirt, and broken paint.

What other paintball-related things excite your sensory glands?

Patar 04-09-2013 03:50 PM

the fact that I can't feel my legs withering away until I sit in the car getting ready to drive home lol. So much adrenaline, i can just completely ignore the aching body. That's what I like, most sports don't give me that rush so they feel like more work than fun. Paintball is perfect.

that feel of eliminating someone, especially in the mask. Watching that ball soar through the air and splash on 'em. It's good.

Also, maybe I'm weird, but after really good days of paintballing, I'll come home and sleep and see silhouettes of paintballs and 'ropes' flying by my face when I close my eyes :p

Bullseye 04-09-2013 03:54 PM

Mine has got to be that initial desperate run off the break - something about that initial speed coupled with trying to advance as far as possible without getting eliminated is one of my favorite parts of the day.

jc_10 04-09-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthelazerviking (Post 2679266)
The sight...
of paintballs being lobbed at you.

The sound...
of paintballs being poured into a loader.

The smell...
of plywood, dirt, and broken paint.

What other paintball-related things excite your sensory glands?

I think it's the sound of paintballs smacking my bunker from seven different directions that really gets my blood pumping.

iamthelazerviking 04-09-2013 04:06 PM

Ahh yes, the sound of paint breaking on your cover...

iamthelazerviking 04-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patar (Post 2679316)
the fact that I can't feel my legs withering away until I sit in the car getting ready to drive home lol. So much adrenaline, i can just completely ignore the aching body. That's what I like, most sports don't give me that rush so they feel like more work than fun. Paintball is perfect.

So true, I never feel the welts or burning of the legs until the adrenaline has worn off.

Falcon16 04-09-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc_10 (Post 2679336)
I think it's the sound of paintballs smacking my bunker from seven different directions that really gets my blood pumping.

This so much. my heart gets going when I'm gearing up and then it gets a little faster when I'm done chrono and step into the start box. The adrenaline really hits though when that first string of shots pops off the cover in front of me and the only thought that goes through my head is game on mother:censored:

Not to mention the smell of broken paint especially Valken graffiti smells so distinct there's no mistaking it for anything else. My other favorite smell associated with paintball would have to be the fresh clean smell of my jersey after I wash it coming back from a hard day of play. Then again I'm one of those guys that'll wear Jerseys and pb shirts to work on a regular basis.

Spider! 04-09-2013 04:29 PM

The sound of a rope of teammate's paint over your shoulder as you low walk up to bunker to deal with a stubborn opponent.

Bloop 04-09-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

that feel of eliminating someone, especially in the mask. Watching that ball soar through the air and splash on 'em. It's good.

Also, maybe I'm weird, but after really good days of paintballing, I'll come home and sleep and see silhouettes of paintballs and 'ropes' flying by my face when I close my eyes :p

You're not wierd. I sometimes see paintballs impact and burst right in front of me as I fall asleep after a day of ballin.

llaw999 04-09-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

I'm the opposite... I constantly wake my self up from dodging paint in my dream. lol