mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
I am Taisa for a reason.

Location: Town Around A Lake, Land of Living Skies, Great White North
Send a message via MSN to TaisaKisu

Fan of EMR
To answer a few questions, one BT-4 was used, two phenoms, Invert Mini, a PE Ego and myself with the Crossover. We had quite a few barrel breaks but it didn't stop us from playing. We sure as heck got some great shots on each other with some wacky wild spins.

And yes, there is a few scenes that were taken during actual gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballsmrf
are they actually playing? only that last guy got shot and that looked super staged.
As much as I like to say it is, it was rather funny because as I was getting shot, I actually lost my footing due to an old injury. It coincided with getting hit too well for the moment and all of us got a good laugh out of it. I was going to simple fall over but I reacted to the sting in my left ankle where the stupid metal plate still resides after 11 years.

The photographers who did the video are local to me so credits go to them. ^_^ They were super fun to work with despite it being rather chilly out. All of us that played, we just made the best of the day because we just wanted to have fun after several storms created 6 foot snow drifts on the highway which was cleaned up the day before. The scenes were surreal as the highways were closed for 4 days straight before it opened up just a day before we went. I travelled an hour 45 minutes from the east, three fellows two hours from the west and two an hour from the East. We were suppose to have more players out but the six of us didn't chicken out because we wanted to play winterball. And we're damn glad we did.

Section Commander of Wolseley, Saskatchewan

Last edited by TaisaKisu; 04-12-2013 at 04:10 AM.
TaisaKisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Aren't these the same guys who did the ultra-staged and cheese "epic paint battle" last year with dirtbikes and planes and stuff? That rope swing vid, too.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

There simply is no way we can play paintball here in the winter. It is too cold and too much snow. Heck, we still have 2+ feet of it out there right now and we are itching to play. -15F is our average HIGH in january....frequently getting to -40F to -50F at night. Trying to run threw snow that is up to your hip (literally) and in those temps....just isn't fun at all.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
There simply is no way we can play paintball here in the winter. It is too cold and too much snow. Heck, we still have 2+ feet of it out there right now and we are itching to play. -15F is our average HIGH in january....frequently getting to -40F to -50F at night. Trying to run threw snow that is up to your hip (literally) and in those temps....just isn't fun at all.

Snowshoes!

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

So... it's 80* F outside right now... I loved the video. What camera was used if you happen to know off-hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Here in Edmonton...it's hit as high as +14 C I think....but not for a while. Tonight, we are supposed to start snowing and have 20 cm again by Sunday :| it's friggin halfway to MAY old man winter you B*******. -__-
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
HQPB.ORG

Beautifully filmed, really clear & bright image, loved it.
Gadget_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

We play in the cold at my field, I have lots of video of games in well below freezing temps. Coldest we have played is 6 degrees F. Don't know what that is in celsius, cause who uses THAT? Lol.

I wish I knew someone who did camera work like that, pretty amazing stuff!

We had a blizzard for our last game of the year at the end of December. Here is a little video of it.

link for mobile
Blizzard Paintball, Woodsball in the SNOW FPS, Winter Assassins, Tactics, Capture the Flag - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5-7aCPEu5k

I've learned a ton of tricks for successful playing in the cold, biggest thing is to keep your paint warm. I keep mine in a cooler with a heat source, and switch it out after EVERY game. We also play with Co2... You get about half the shots in below freezing so you need a lot of tanks, but it works! I have used my Tippmann A-5 for years with no problems, only issue I sometimes have is my remote coil will freeze up if I don't air it up inside before it gets cold.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

If it was only that easy to get a snow game going up here. Wish we could play year round.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Hand warmers in a cooler worked great for me at -15 C.

Just switch out the paint you are carrying/don't carry too much; try to keep it close to your body.

But agree, great camera work!
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone