mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Best Paintball Clothes for Play

Hey guys...

So when I started a few years ago I went out and got the surplus camo (Flecktarn). Was durable, but I wanted more. When I got a tac vest (Special Ops Paintball) I got their Fusion x Jersey and Pants to go with it...worked pretty well and I found kneepads built into the pants worked better than the soft and hard kneepads i tried later. However, the football jersey mesh they used caught on branches lots and tore a couple times. I moved to cargo shorts and a t-shirt, and it kept things cool....

But since working at the Running Room for the last several months I've been spoiled by the athletic clothing and I realise just how freaking hot my cotton t-shirt and shorts feel. I also miss my built-in kneepads as the soft ones I got slid down and the hard one's straps dig in behind me knees after a while.

My question is: what are some reasonably priced paintball clothes that keep you cool but LAST? Kneepads would be awesome, elbow stuff not necessary. Camouflage preferred.

What works for you?
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Under armour under a jersey works amazing for me. I like to wear gym shorts combined with slider shorts under my paintball pants, provides plenty of ventilation. I love the distortion knee pads by PE, they are the most comfortable knee pads I have ever worn and I am very picky when it comes to knee pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I wear Nike baseball sliding shorts under Smokin' Paintball pants. They have built in soft knees, and are pretty dang cool. They let the air flow pretty well. They come in a few different camo patterns, black, and olive. The olive matches my Flex 7'a pretty well. B)
brokeass_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Many times I just take my paintball pants (I need new ones now though lol) and a T-shirt. I have jerseys but they're more for show. Especially my chewbacca Raza jersey that everyone loves

I took a hoodie sweater one day and musta got like 6 bounces in a single game, it was fantastic. I don't care so much for fancy up-to-date gear. If it works I'm okay with it.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Man in Tights

I was just appalled at the cost of some of the pants...Dye UL pants at Paintballgear.ca = $245. Wow.

I still have my Fusion X stuff but I have lost a lot of weight and I had to since them a fair bit before...

Am I looking at $100 for a decent pair or are these Tippmann/BT, etc. ones any good?
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrinkh20 View Post
I was just appalled at the cost of some of the pants...Dye UL pants at Paintballgear.ca = $245. Wow.

I still have my Fusion X stuff but I have lost a lot of weight and I had to since them a fair bit before...

Am I looking at $100 for a decent pair or are these Tippmann/BT, etc. ones any good?
Look up PBK and call or email them and ask how much shipping to Canada would run. They are awesome pants and I believe only cost me $100 total including shipping. They are my go-to pants from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

You can get some pants on websites that list them for really cheap (under 100!) if they're models from a few years ago. I know there's some planet eclipse pants on ANS gear that are like $90... simply because they're not THE BRAND SPANKING NEW ones.

I love that kinda stuff, man. No need to be fashionable if you're gunna get your stuff all dirty and torn up

Last edited by Patar; 04-14-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Valken Vtac Sierra pants are pretty nice and they run around $70. They are available in a bunch of different camo.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you can find a set in decent condition the XSV camo pants are IMO some of the best woodsball pants you can get. Lots of padding for the knees, breathes quite well, and it's black/camo.

Dye pants are always a good choice, if you can find a set from a few years back, they're fairly cheap. I just switched to a 2013 set of these from my old XSV's. Really lightweight and breathes great, padding's decent but not as nice as the XSV's.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Even try to find a decent used set of redz pants. I actually liked them better than my c6s. But I will agree hard to beat the c13s.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone