mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Favorite tech snack? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/231368-favorite-tech-snack.html)

PBpancake 04-15-2013 12:36 AM

Favorite tech snack?

I'm sitting here finishing assembling my B2K2 after getting a new harness put in, and I was wondering what some of of MCB's favorite snacks are while working on their gear?

Mine are dried fruit (especially raisins and pineapple chunks :drool:) and kettle cooked potato chips.

How about you guys?

heinous 04-15-2013 12:41 AM

my hands would usually be soaked in rust and oil. i do not eat while dealing with chemicals

BigOldSkool 04-15-2013 12:45 AM

Beer... that is a snack right?

Frizzle Fry 04-15-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOldSkool (Post 2683915)
Beer... that is a snack right?

If two of us say so, it definitely is.

I usually have some white rice and pork sung. Rice cooks while I work!

Fubarius 04-15-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2683909)
my hands would usually be soaked in rust and oil. i do not eat while dealing with chemicals

Ah, there's a solution to that.

Powdered doughnuts. The layer of powdered sugar is an ablative layer that sticks to the fingers, making a protective coat over the nasty oil that insulates it from the delicious doughnut.

Why do you think they have a box of the things in every mechanics shop in the world?

Patar 04-15-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2683909)

that's exactly why i prefer juices :D

MIballer 04-15-2013 01:54 AM

Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Bourbon, Wine and 40's. Also beef jerky and cigarettes and cigars

zacgodwin 04-15-2013 02:35 AM

if i am drinking while tinkering there comes a point when i will stop teching so i can remember clearly how everything went back together and it avoids those "hulk" moments. Nothing worse than realizing you were way too drunk to solder that board last night. it looked so good after i did it :)

ApoC_101 04-15-2013 10:55 AM

Beer. Or tea, and dried fruits, also pizza, especially with beer.

glaman5266 04-15-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacgodwin (Post 2683965)
if i am drinking while tinkering there comes a point when i will stop teching so i can remember clearly how everything went back together and it avoids those "hulk" moments. Nothing worse than realizing you were way too drunk to solder that board last night. it looked so good after i did it :)

I know that feeling, lol.

As for snacks, I like chocolate covered raisins. If I'm having a tough time teching something there's nothing like eating something sweet to brighten my mood. :)