mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   pump only (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/231400-pump-only.html)

ves206 04-15-2013 02:41 PM

pump only

Hey guys. Ive been playing pump only for over 5 years. I thought id change a little pace and picked up a GoG enmey. I found myself not playing as aggressive as i do with my ccm and shooting alot more paint. I find it odd that i cant seem to hit players like i do with my ccm. Anyone else have this issue? So i put the gog up forsale and back to just playing with my S6.5 for me.

Patar 04-15-2013 02:53 PM

i haven't been playing long, but I've played with a few markers occasionally. The invert mini, poopy rental tippmanns, spyder pilot, Dangerous Power Fusion FX, an Etek, and an old bob long gen 1 victory.

And then I have my pump. 90% of my eliminations on opposing players are with my pump. I think it's just the spirit of the gun, or the lack of spirit in the others even. You have more control over everything the gun does, no hair triggers or 10000 balls per second fire rates. No batteries. There's some sort of zen in playing pump.

Crimson Death 04-15-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ves206 (Post 2684246)
Hey guys. Ive been playing pump only for over 5 years. I thought id change a little pace and picked up a GoG enmey. I found myself not playing as aggressive as i do with my ccm and shooting alot more paint. I find it odd that i cant seem to hit players like i do with my ccm. Anyone else have this issue? So i put the gog up forsale and back to just playing with my S6.5 for me.

Gotta change your mindset. I was just talking about this yesterday at the field. When I play with my DSG I go balls to the wall. Run a ton, move from bunker to bunker, get 2-4 eliminations and shoot maybe 20-40 rounds in two 10 minute games. I use my eNMEy and sit still and "hose" people. Shoot a hopper and half a pod per 10 minute game get 1-2 eliminations.

I've actually used my eNMEy with a 50 round hopper and I play almost the same as when I'm using my DSG.

James_Blond 04-15-2013 03:27 PM

if you have used one setup for 5 yrs then of course you will shoot it better than almost any new to you gun. You're just used to it and how it shoots and have the muscle memory. As far as shooting more paint, that's just a mental handicap like the other guy said. You don't have to shoot more with a semi. You need trigger discipline and need to move, play, take shots just like you would with a pump and only use the semi auto for a little personal god mode when stuff goes real bad. Kind like you would with an autotrigger.

If you can't do this with just discipline, play with a smaller hopper or stickfeed and enforce the limited paint mindset.

neither semi or pump is inherently more paint efficient(ok except maybe stockclass), It's just that our shot discipline typically goes down as the ease of shooting(fire rate) goes up.

I like both just fine. Stockclass: I am more likely to giggle like a girl when i shoot someone, but have done the same with a mech autococker so... yeah play both and enjoy

Murf425 04-15-2013 04:26 PM

I normally can't shoot a semi worth a damn...but that was DEFINITELY not the case with my eNMEy. A CP on/off and a 68/45 tank made it the most comfortable gun I've ever used, and the 14" Fibur barrel made it every bit as accurate as my Phantom. Point, click, ball lands where intended. It was almost so accurate it wasn't even fun...almost.

Of course, it's gone and my Phantom is still here...so I guess that shows which one was loved the most.

Diomedes 04-15-2013 04:48 PM

I've found that I did the same thing. The solution was to play severely limited paint when playing semi. Throw a stick feed on there, and then it's the same. You'd think I could just learn to play better with a hopper and pods, but cutting down to a stick did it, and now that's how I play everything, pump or semi. Problem solved.

Greenmtnphantom 04-15-2013 04:53 PM

I have one electric hopper left at my house, it's used to fill 10 round tubes. on the rare occasion that I use a semi, I use a sportshot hopper because the full seized hoppers just feel weird.

99BPS 04-15-2013 05:33 PM

I just think about what every shot is accomplishing. Its easy to shoot at a bunker someone is behind endlessly, better to let others do that while you set up a careful shot. Anytime I find myself walking one of my electro semis in recball I turn my hopper and eyes off. Gives me a good reason to remember not to waste shots on bunkers, or shoot when there is no good target, or shoot more paint then needed.

Murf425 04-15-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99BPS (Post 2684393)
Its easy to shoot at a bunker someone is behind endlessly, better to let others do that while you set up a careful shot.

It's so maddening when I'm posted up on a guy in a bunker who has no idea I'm there and have a perfect shot waiting for him...but everyone else on my team won't quit shooting at him long enough to let him get complacent and come out where I can shoot him. I've on many occasions had to tell multiple teammates "You deal with that guy over to the right. I've got this under control." Sure enough, once his bunker isn't getting hammered, he'll ease out to take a peak. When a stream doesn't immediately start in on him again, he'll poke out a little further. Soon, he's got his whole upper body hanging wide open, unaware that anyone at all is aiming at him. That's when I take my shot.

panhead4411 04-15-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Death (Post 2684265)
I've actually used my eNMEy with a 50 round hopper and I play almost the same as when I'm using my DSG.

Its all about trigger discipline. I use a 50 rnd hopper on ALL my semi's, and rarely go through 300 shots a day. Its also good to use "50 rnd" pods (they actually hold more like 60, but close enough) in a smaller pod pack like the "Mafia 5/50" or something similar.

And that is all long BEFORE i even owned a pump. Been playing very limited paint for years...and 3 weeks ago i just bought my first pump.